Danger!

Fanny's P.O.V

Fall break has come around so school is out for a week, I hate it. Not that I enjoy school either I hate that too, but I'd take anything to stay away from home. I had managed to sneak out before my parents would wake up and I sit on a bench near the Ice Cream parlor, since the cold season is close people won't be too likely to go there for a frozen treat. I pull my flip-phone out from my bag and attempt to scroll through Insta-Vidz (which is hard enough when all you have is one tail to substitute for hands) when I had quickly received one of those notifications that warn you of a disaster.

phone: "WARNING! We have received a report of an underground volcano in the city's vicinity, scientists have warned that this volcano will erupt in a matter of minutes and the lava will breech the sewer system and flood the city. Please get to higher grounds as soon as possible and stay safe with your loved ones!"

I raise a brow after reading the article, they wouldn't be joking over this sort of thing. I decide not to take my chances when I look in front of me as lava bursts out from the sewer lid and book it to find a safe spot. Without looking back I keep running and often jump onto certain things like cars or mailboxes to stay high up, eventually the lava begins to rise to high for that to work further leaving me cornered.

Fanny: Come on... come on...!

I frantically look around and notice a lamppost right beside me, I crouch down and ready myself with the pressure that if I screw this up I'm dead. After leaping off the dumpster I hop across other larger things and then take one more leap of faith to the lamppost. I barley miss but I use my tail to grab onto the post and in the process I drop my phone into the searing magma...

Fanny: Oh, that's just perfect! And now I'm stuck out here hanging over death like a helpless possum! I HATE BEING HELPLESS!!

Lightning's P.O.V: 

I am so lucky I remembered I can fly, I zip over the lava as fast as... me and as a Death P.A.C.T.er I keep an open eye out for anyone in trouble. I eventually find Fanny hanging by her tail on an almost melting lamppost!

Lightning: Hey, it's Fanny. Looks like she's in trouble, I have to help her!

I fly over to her and hold my hands out to catch her.

Lightning: Fanny, over here! Grab on!

Fanny: Huh? Grr NO GO AWAY! Grah-! I'D RATHER DIE FROM BLOOD RUSHING TO MY HEAD!

Lightning: You mean you didn't have a lot of blood pumped into your head when you're standing? C'mon Fanny, we're Death P.A.C.T.ers meaning I'm not leaving you here to die by lava.

Fanny: I DON'T CARE, LEAVE ME ALONE!

Lightning: I'll catch you I promise, just stop being so difficult!

I attempt to grab Fanny and pull her off the lamppost but before I can even do that she swings herself at me spinning blades and all and snaps at me, I'm not saying that as a metaphor she was literally snapping her teeth at me like a turtle!

Lightning: AH-! Di-Did you just try to BITE ME!??

Fanny: HMPH!

Lightning: Well fine! Have it your way...!

I didn't want to have to do this considering our past history but she pretty much left me without another choice. I back up, ready myself... and charge to the lamppost below Fanny and zap it. The zaptation crosses to Fanny's tail causing her to let go of the lamppost and right as she falls I catch her in my arms and fly off as she struggles.

Fanny: OUCH-! AGH!

*snatch*

Fanny: WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? LET GO OF ME!! I HATE BEING RESCUED BY YOU!

~To be Continued~

(Author's NOTE: I was going to get started on this after I finished The Flame and the Leaf, but since I couldn't think of anything other than the christmas special for ABHLOE to write and post this might as well be good 'filler')