avery and belly

─── AVERY AND BELLY
(⌗ ♥︎! ) 一 the summer i turned pretty

          "Your room or mine?" Avery asked the boy the question that now has become part of their nightly routine as they got closer to the beach house

"Mine," he responded. The hand he wasn't using for driving rested on her thigh, while one of her hands rested on his hair, gently massaging it, "Unless you want to clean yours..."

"Oh, definitely not," she laughed and Conrad found himself wishing he wasn't driving so he could keep his eyes on her.

Avery Camden truly was the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on. Since the first time he saw her, he has known that absolutely nothing would ever compare to her beauty in his eyes. She was the only person who could leave him breathless and make him lose all train of thought. She has always had, and she will always have.

Sometimes he wishes he could just say those things to her, that they would leave his mouth as effortlessly as they came to mind, but being open like that hasn't come easily to him for a while. At first, he couldn't because they were just best friends, then he shut himself down, and now he's s too afraid to cross the thin line between whatever they are and what he truly wants them to be.

After driving past the main gates of the beach house, Conrad spoke, breaking the silence they had been in, "The living room lights are still on..."

"Do you think it's the moms?"

"I doubt so," he stopped the car, took the key out of the ignition, and then added, "I mean, we don't have a curfew, so I doubt they would have waited up for us,"

"Yeah, it's like 3 in the morning..." Avery wasn't worried about being caught getting back this late, but she was definitely nervous that Susannah would take a look at them and figure out what they had been doing.

"What if they are not waiting for us but for someone else," he asked.

"Do the other's have curfews?"

"I'm not sure about Steven, but Belly does,"

"I doubt she- We left the party after her, remember?"

"Yeah," he nodded but a little bit later added, "That was hours ago, and we are just now getting home..."

"Right..." she said before opening her door, getting out of the car, "Maybe they just forgot to turn the lights off."

"Maybe," he nodded.

Conrad watched her walk to the front door while he tried to pull himself together before following the girl's actions. Once he stood by her side, he took his set keys out of his pocket and handed them to her so she would unlock the door. He decided to take advantage of the time it took her to open the door to leave soft kisses on her shoulder before walking into the house, where he wouldn't be able to touch her until they were in his room.