cousins beach dock

─── COUSINS BEACH DOCK
(⌗ ♥︎! ) 一 the summer i turned pretty

         After driving for about 10 minutes to a destination Avery had yet to find out, the car came to a stop in front of a dock

         After driving for about 10 minutes to a destination Avery had yet to find out, the car came to a stop in front of a dock. Avery read the words "Cousins beach dock" over, and over again, confused over what he was planning yet excited because the smile on the boy's face was too big and genuine for her to ignore.

"Here we are," he said as he drove past the dock's gates.

"Here we are..." she repeated, taking in the sights of what she knows is the boy's favorite place in town. "But why are we here?" she couldn't help but ask, scared of what he was planning.

"I want you to see my boat," he responded.

"Your boat," she repeated, taking in everything. Said boat was a big part of Conrad, one that she had never met before, and, not going to lie, it made her very nervous,

"Yes," he nodded, parking the car in the empty parking lot, "Let's go? Or do you want to go back to the house?"

"Let's go," she said.

Neither of them said a word after he parked the car. Conrad knew what type of thoughts were crossing Avery's mind because they were also crossing his. All his life, he has been open with her. He made sure she knew every part of him, allowing her to know him like the palm of her hand. Well, except for this. Sailing. This was something he had never shared with her. It was new and scary.

Avery tried not to look at the boy as he turned the engine off and took the key out. She didn't speak as he opened his door and closed it after he got out of the car. She looked up only to see him walking in front of the car towards her door. And she smiled while watching him open her door for her and nervously stare at her.

"Hi,"

"Hey,"

They both laughed softly.

Conrad extended his hand towards her and smiled, "Let's go, Aves," he said softly as she held his hand and got out of the car.

"Where is it?" she asked after he closed the door, and they began walking.

"Over there," he said, pointing towards the left side of the dock with his free hand while the other had yet to let go of her.

They continued walking in silence. They were nervous, but that didn't mean it was awkward. It was far from it. It was relaxing and normal. One moment they were walking side by side, holding hands, and the next, his arm had made its way around her shoulder and hers around his waist. He kissed her forehead and mumbled something against her hair. He knew she hadn't understood him but didn't try to repeat herself.

"Here we are!" he couldn't stop smiling as he extended his free arm toward the boat once they stood in front of it.

"So, this is the boat that stole your heart?" she laughed.