pomegranate margarita

─── POMEGRANATE MARGARITA
(⌗ ♥︎! ) 一 the summer i turned pretty

         Conrad got up from the floor, where he had been waiting for Avery to finish getting ready, as she opened her bedroom door and said, "Ready?"

The pair, after realizing that while they were getting high at the beach, the guests were likely about to arrive, or had arrived, at the house, send a text to the beach house group chat explaining that they had gotten dirty when checking on the clams and were going upstairs to clean themselves up, which, technically, was not a lie.

After managing to get upstairs, without being seen, they took turns to shower, hoping to get rid of the smell of weed and, maybe, sober up. Conrad went first, and once he was ready to go downstairs decided to wait for Avery. He followed her into the room as she walked into it, planning on laying on her bed while she got ready, just like they always did, but, instead, she smiled at him and closed the door in his face, leaving him in the hallway.

"Let's go," she said as she fixed her dress.

The pair took the stairs that lead into the kitchen since it was closer to their rooms, hoping that no one would be in there. They had last seen anyone about three hours ago when Laurel and Susannah told them to go outside and had been upstairs for about an hour, which meant, according to Laurel's response to their text, they missed the first two hours of the party.

"What are you guys making?" Avery heard Conrad, who had just skipped down the stairs, ask someone once he reached the kitchen before her.

"Pomegranate margaritas," Belly responded, "but with a twist," she added just when Avery reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Well, you got to use the good blender," said Conrad, running towards the cabinet in search of said blender.

Jeremiah scooted the stool he was sitting on a little to the side, so Avery could sit in it as he said, "Oh, I haven't used that thing since the great Kool-Aid debacle of 2011."

"I remember, the counters were sticky for... for two summers?" Conrad laughed as he placed the blend on the counter.

"Yeah. Just about." Jeremiah nodded, laughing along with him.

"Didn't he keep his briefcase in your room for a year?" Avery chuckled, remembering how the younger boy spent months complaining about being woken up by Adam walking into his room to grab his briefcase.

He nodded before saying, "As a reminder that all mistakes are not reversible." in a mocking voice that resembled Adam's.

"Wait, won't he be mad if he finds out?" Belly asked, stopping Conrad from taking off the blender's lid.

"Well, he's not gonna find out." he whispered as his lips curled up in a smirk, and his eyes gleamed with mischief, "He's not coming."

"Okay." Belly nodded before beginning to throw the ingredients in the blender.