Velgrynds Meeting

Chapter 3

Velgrynd POV

Oh, it looks like Lord Rimuru has some interesting subordinates, along side the primordials he also has 4 kijins at his disposal. Hah it's laughable that the Empire honestly thought they stood a chance. I guess humans are so stupid they can't even judge their own strength.
The fact that they share the same species as Rudra really does make my blood boil.

Shion, she herself was weaker than the red haired one but that sword really did surprise me, even I couldn't break it; well I could if I actually tried but that doesn't make it any less impressive, the fact that it was stronger than me at any point is stupid.

Well I guess the Empire did have some strong subordinates like that Kondo guy but they were so Insignificant compared to Rudra I didn't even care to check.

If I could give up my own life to save Rudra I would but that's impossible, no I'm sure it's possible for Rimuru but there's no way he would go along with it - no I shouldn't even be thinking about this in case he finds out.

This punishment is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. Serving the man who killed the one I love. I should've just destroyed the empire myself and then run away with Rudra.

Was it my cockiness as a true dragon that led to this? Was I relying on Rudra too much?

I should just kill myself and be reborn.

No Rimuru wouldn't allow that either. I'll just spend the rest of my life as his Secretary. I definitely deserved to be punished, not being able to save rudra even if I died a billion times in the most painful way possible still wouldn't be enough. But the fact that my punishment is betrayal that's not just punishing me that's punishing Rudra too.

On the outside I still need to act like the prideful scorch dragon who is feared by all. Yes that shouldn't be hard, I've been Rudras Secretary for the majority of my life I have lots of experience in this.

As we walked back to Tempest I had many eyes on me not as much as Rimuru of course. I'm used to having eyes on me so this didn't bother me at all, not like I would complain.

Even though I hate to say it Monster eyes are more beautiful than Human eyes.
All of the Ogre eyes look either incredibly fierce filled with determination and strength or really pathetic and weak as if they could just break like the pink haired one.

Goblin eyes remind me of some of the otherworlders in the Empire. Even the younger ones like the one with the ugly mohawk are filled with pure black or grey pupils, I can even see myself if I look close enough but they quickly turn away when I do that.

The Orc eyes are hard to describe. Sad I guess? But none of them are sad, in fact it's crazy to even say that with the smiles on their faces. I guess their race has a troubled past but I don't care enough to find out.

Demons have the most unique eyes especially Diablo. Those evil pupils engulfed in a golden iris coated in a black blanket of a wicked scary sclera. The fact that Lord Rimuru has such a being by his side explains how he's able to hide his more twisted personality

That said, to me all Diablo looks like is some brat dressed up for 'halloween'. I bet someone like Lord Rimuru doesn't even acknowledge him.

Lord Rimurus eyes are.. no... don't want to think about that ever again.

Moreover I heard he has more monsters under his name but they're the only ones I've saw so far.

Oh looks like we're here. I was enslaved before I even got a chance to touch this place. The plan to turn it into ruins failed spectacularly.