Punishment of a True Dragon

Veldora and Velgrynd fell like a meteorite obliterating the ground.

Due to the gift of immortality Veldora still managed to cling onto life but his body itself was lifeless.

Static.

Unmoving.

If someone were to tell you that the storm dragon was dead there would be no reason not to believe it. So his last ditch effort to defeat Velzard failed.

Like Veldora, Velgrynd suffered the exact same fate. It was inevitable that they would both end up in such a state.

As much as they tried, defeating Velzard was nothing but a pipe dream.

Velzard intentions were never actually to kill her siblings even if her rage consumed her towards the end, she would've subconsciously prevented it.

That's what was supposed to happen.

After all she was never truly angry in the first place, she just wanted to fight her sister

It's been thousands of years since the two have actually had some kind of interaction so fighting her was necessary

After all, if Velgrynd did become strong enough to fight on her level that would be an issue. Her title of being the strongest True Dragon stood tall for her.

But alas the trophy stood, and she never surpassed her but Velzard was still impressed

Very impressed

Not of Velgrynd but with Veldora

The same brother she used to kill for being a moron is now behaving like a real true dragon

In fact, there was even a small window where Veldora could've defeated Velzard; something Velgrynd never had the chance to do.

Unthinkable

Such a shame that it didn't end there.

.........................................................................

Unlike the two dragons Rimuru got up relatively quickly

Whether this was because of the lack of power in Guys attack or due to Rimuru being Rimuru is up for debate

Rimuru isn't stupid. He knew that if he got up to start attacking Guy again he would just get smashed to pieces so instead he changed his strategy to dodging

But nobody came

Guy was the first to speak

'How disappointing, I would've thought you could at least move in the suspended world with your amount of strength'

'Oh? Well I'm sorry I couldn't entertain you' Rimuru replied sarcastically

'I can already tell you're a tricky one, you just analysed my Time Stop and received it yourself right? Well I'm sure if I gave you more time this fight may have ended differently.'

'So what? Your compliments are meant to make me forgive you destroying my country?'

'Ah that? Yeah I expect that. Your country didn't get destroyed, even though your barrier wasn't strong enough I put my own strength in to protect it'

'Eh?...'

Rimuru stared at Guy with a Puzzled expression

'In other words your barrier was about to break, but I put down my own barrier instead, you can thank me later'

'Destroying your country or killing you isn't my aim, I would've done that a long time ago if that was the goal'

'Then why?'