15. Allies not Friends

A.N: Redemption arcs people! :)

Cale spun the scythe in a perfectly practiced spin, seemingly testing the weapons weight in its hand.

Then in a flash the weapon glowed and Cale's hands became empty, everyone freaked out, before Cale touched a newly appeared necklace with a familiar green glow.

"It shrunk." Rosalyn whispered staring intensely at Cale's chest area.

Cale raised an eyebrow, before giving a look of faux embarrassment.

"Oh gee, your highness I hadn't noticed."

Rosalyn lips twitched.

Cale frowned he didn't like the look on his face.

"Young Master Cale... are you perhaps hoping to patronize me on purpose?"

"Yes." Cale answered shamelessly.

Rosalyn lips twitched again this time seemingly trying not to smile.

"I must say you got that much quicker then everyone else, but is to be expected from the person going after her own mage tower."

Rosalyn blinked looking at Cale with an inquisitive look.

'Its the first time he's called me by anything other than my title of ex-royal.'

Cale  raised an eyebrow.

"Princess Rosalyn I recommend paying for my portrait, that might last you longer." Cale rolled his eyes.

'And~ He's back.'

Meanwhile Choi Han had made up his mind, he needed to talk to Cale in private.

"Now, now I do believe its about time we leave this secret place, right?" Alberu frowned.

All three nodded their heads and began to follow the Crown Prince.

"Um, your majesty... shouldn't you perhaps make us swear to secrecy?"

"Why should I/he? It's not like anyone will believe you." Both Cale and Alberu spoke at the same time.

Alberu turned to Cale, and Cale simply shrugged.

Choi Han and Rosalyn nodded their heads.

That made sense, who'd believe that the Kingdom of Roan was hoarding a myriad of magical treasures for a war that most didn't know existed?

All of them continued to confusing journey through the countless of nameless hallways.

Choi Han felt nausea belt up inside him the magically enchanted hall making his swordmaster  senses feel more like a curse then an arbitrary fighting tool.

Cale noticed this his eyes recognizing the discomfort.

Cale too suffered when surrounded by items enchanted by magic, however Cale was used to the scurvy, Choi Han was used to the dark magical aura of death surrounding the Forest of Darkness. 

So it was only natural he was acting this way.

Cale's eyes twitched.

'The bastard better thank me for this.'

Cale slowed down his walk giving Choi Han a second to catch up, before gripping the teen's(?) arm letting out a surge of hatred from the scythe and a splash of God Of Death's blessing into the teen.

This instantly seemed to calm him down.

Cale bitterly smiled toward the floor.

'How ironic, feeling safety in something so life endangering.'