18. Fairy Mountain... cult? Or paradise?

A.N: Yes the title does relate to the chapter.

The buzzing of happiness and the millings of warm and hopeful smiles were something the young dragon wasn't quite used to.

It was hard not to look at them with suspicion with how his history went, but as he stared at the peaceful atmosphere his heart seemed to ache.

He stared as a small grey-haired boy was fussed over by his mother.

'So this is the feeing...' He felt himself sneering.

'The feeling of envy.'

The young dragon felt pathetic at it's own feelings, but choosing to continue exploring the place surrounded by powerful magic.

He continued flying his eyes determined to find the source, until finally it did.

A huge structure made of elegant brick and wood polished and distinguished compared to the mainly rural territory.

The youthful draconic being smiled before teleporting to the source...

Only to find a human who seemed on the verge of collapse.

However the smell was distinctly in the air.

Without much delay the dragon bluntly asked his question.

"Human why do you smell like dragon?"

The youthful dragon understood that he was a majestic and feared species... but he found the scream of terror the human let out a little... extra.

"Why-? Why are you here in my office?"

The dark-haired human had a strong poker face and despite having screamed like a banshee not mere seconds ago he held up well.

He didn't show any hint of weakness, he looked like a true leader... despite the banshee scream.

"Human! This Great and Mighty dragon has come to ask! Why do you smell of dragon?"

"Frick... I'm hallucinating... no there is no baby dragon in my office I'm just seeing things due to sleep deprivation."

The young dragon felt slightly offended.

When he heard the click of a door open.

"Oh, greetings to master." As if by instinct the man bowed at a 90 degree angle.

The lady seemed to puff up her chest in pride.

"You may rise."

The lady then turned to the black scaled dragon with a bored look.

"Youth why do you intrude on my territory?"

The black dragon froze.

'Polymorphing...' he remembered the elves explaining that was an ability he would be able to use in the future.

The youth felt slight fascination at the prospect, the ability to morph in whatever form is needed for the occasion.

'Of course dragon's are superior to all so it's rather odd they'd rather be something else.'

"Youth I'll only ask this one more time before I'm forced to take this as a direct challenge of my authority."

"Why do you intrude on my territory?"

The human shivered seemingly finding the atmosphere uncomfortable.

"I am here to find a fellow member of my species."

The silver haired women raised an eyebrow before let out a sigh of annoyance.

"And you do that by spooking my student?"