15 | origins p.2

We sit in silence as we ate, each of us sat on the edges of our beds.

"Did I interrupt something?" He finally says. I chew the last bit of potato, swallowing before I answer.

"No."

"I saw him pull on his mask. I, of course, won't say anything but... you know. That's not really a Ghost thing to do."

"It isn't a you thing either."

"This isn't about me."

I exhale, looking away from him. Fuck it, someone was gonna find out one way or another, might as well start with König.

"Yeah, actually, you did interrupt something."

"Oh."

"He kissed me, and I kissed him back."

He nods, his eyes falling.

I didn't know what to say after that, instead, I stand up, walking out of the room to the kitchen. I finish the rest of the potatoes, then set them in the sink.

Tomorrow would be much different. We were back on duty, but down a man. Then, in the next week, was his funeral; paid for by the SAS and the British Army.

Sometimes I wondered if Kortac ever wondered where we were. If Calisto and Roze were lonely in their room without the only other girl in the entire base there with them. If Hutch was still making jokes about how suspiciously close König and I were. Now, they had no jokes to make because we didn't even exist to them. To them, we were dead. Dead physically and dead to them mentally. They were loyal to their people, if they had been in our situation, they would have let Valeria kill them, but we wanted to survive.

I found myself sitting at the small kitchen table, my hands covering my face as I sobbed quietly. I didn't know I was crying until I took my hands off my eyes to see Ghost sitting across from me. I jumped, letting out a small gasp as he just stared at me.

I wipe my tears on my hands before I clear my throat to speak, "What?"

"Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm sad, Ghost." Might as well speak it to him in the most explicit language so he could understand.

"Is there anything you want to talk about?"

I laugh, but it was half-filled with pain and actual humor, "I have a list of shit I could talk about that makes me sad, but you'd get uninterested in the first three."

He hums, "Then tell me."

I shake my head. I didn't expect to get that far. And no, I didn't really have a list pre-made in my head. That was an exaggeration, "That's okay."

"Cuda, I'm not some cold creature like you perceive me to be. Sure, I could be cold to you sometimes and cold on the field, but I actually have some feelings believe it or not."

I laugh, "Right."

I realized my words a few seconds later as his expression drops from something willing to help me to something that said fuck you.

"I didn't mean it like that."

"I understand," He says, "You don't have to believe it now, but I'm actually a person with feelings."

"I heard you, Ghost. I guess I just haven't met that side of you."

He nods, then stands up. He walks over to the other side of the table where I was sitting, then reaches for my hand that rested on the top of the table, "Then let's get started now."

He drags me outside onto a balcony that looked out into the lit-up city of Paris.

He spins me to face him as he takes off his mask to reveal the same man I had kissed only thirty minutes ago.