18 | taken

Screams echoed in my ears in slow motion, fire burning all around me as smoke clouded my eyes. Another missile hits the building, causing me to lose my balance.

I fall to my knees, my chest burning as I crawled through the burning walls. It surrounded every inch in a 360 radius of me.

"Ghost!" I yell, my voice cracking. I crawl my way to the apartment, getting my hand on the doorknob as I push it open.

I see him laying on the floor sprawled out, the fire creeping slowly toward him.

But I was too slow, too weak to save him as the fire engulfed his body.

I tried to scream again, but this time it was silent, my voice had no impact as his body burned to a crisp.

Then, the fire seizes almost immediately, every inch of the apartment back to normal as the room in front of me became empty. Not even a trace of him.

I wake up in a hot sweat, my body jolting upwards as I gasp for breath.

Ghost jolts up too, immediately cupping my face with his hands as he turns to me, "Hey hey! What happened? It's okay."

I stare at him, eyes wide as wheezes fall from my mouth.

"Talk to me. Was it last night?"

I wanted to think I was stronger than that, not crying because of a nightmare, but losing Ghost I think was my greatest fear.

My head collapses into his chest, and he wraps his arms around my head, holding me softly as I continued to breathe into him.

He moves his body closer to mine, engulfing my body in his arms as I cried into his chest.

"I don't want to lose you, Ghost," I whisper.

He picks my face up so I was looking at him, "You're not going to lose me, okay? Look," He grabs my hand, bringing it to his face, "I'm right here."

My lips form into a frown, then my head collapses onto his shoulder.

"Breathe," He instructs, and I do just that, taking in deep breaths as I attempt to calm my beating heart.

As I breathe, he begins to lower himself back onto the ground, bringing me down onto his chest. He moves his hand up to the back of my head, cupping my hair in his hand as he tries to calm me down.

"I have you," He whispers, holding my body tightly as I close my eyes. My mouth falls open as I take in shaky breaths. I was asleep again in a few minutes.

I wake up still in Ghost's arms, sunlight peering into the barn from the open door. I shimmy out of his grip easily, getting to my feet before I approach the other awake members.

Daniel was still here and alive thank god, and to my surprise, sitting comfortably on Price's lap, something I would have never imagined in this lifetime.

Price didn't have anyone back at home, no wife, no kids, no pets, just his mother.

I felt like a train wreck, and I probably looked like one too. I felt hay in my hair, knots, and tangles starting from my roots.

"Good morning sunshine," Soap says first, "How was your night last night?"

He had a stupid grin on his face.

"Kill yourself."

He giggles, "Just a question."

I give him a stupid look, then lower myself onto the ground next to Gaz.