𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦-𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳

ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅ઇଓ

"how many times do i have to tell you?! sit still!"

     in that moment, matt was so happy that his brothers weren't home.

     nick and chris had planned an overnight trip out to the san francisco pier with a few friends, and they had invited you and matt to join. but matt respectfully- and quickly- declined on both of your behalves, saying, "you guys go and have fun, we have some errands to do."
this was quite the surprise to you, because you actually wanted to go and matt was never one to turn down spending time with his brothers. he was attached at the hip with those two. but everything was explained after nick and chris offered two pairs of puppy eyes and scampered off without trying to convince either of you to rethink it. so much for really inviting us, you thought to yourself with a smile.
     when you started to protest about why he said you guys wouldn't be going, he shut you right up with a kiss, and of course you didn't complain. in a honey-thick voice he mumbled, "it sounds fun, but i'd rather be alone with you. we can go with them some other time."
all of a sudden you forgot what the san francisco pier even was, and you didn't care what you were doing today as long as matt kept talking to you in that sugary tone that made the hair on your arms stand up.

     it's been a few hours since the boys left, and you and matt were enjoying having some alone time far more than you thought you would. there's this side of matt that comes out when his brothers aren't around- he's softer, and attentive, and completely and utterly enamored by you. matt has never been afraid to show how he feels around nick and chris, but there's always a harbored irritation that follows being picked on for 'being whipped' by your brothers. when nobody was around to tell him he's got no backbone, he's much more willing to let loose. so willing, in fact, that he does pretty much whatever it is you want to do... and right now, that was his makeup.

you kneeled on the carpet of matt's bedroom with the contents of your makeup bag littered across the floor; matt sat criss-cross in front of you with a fluffy black headband pushing his wild hair away from his eyes and freeing up his canvas for painting. you were going full-on glam- foundation, contour, shadow, eyebrows, and even a pair of fake lashes. this was always something you wanted to do with matt. he had such nice skin and eyes that were quite possibly the prettiest you'd ever seen, and with bone structure like his, that boy had all the makings for a good makeover. it barely took any convincing seeing as he agreed enthusiastically. he told you it sounded relaxing.
it was smooth sailing the whole time, but now things were getting hairy as you approached the impending doom of doing the boy's eyeliner. with girls, it isn't so hard, because they know how to keep still and have faith that a look will come together. but with boys, there was nothing but fear.

"i don't trust you with that thing! you're gonna poke me in the eye!" matt exclaimed, dodging your hand.

"baby, i do this on myself every day! it's completely safe!"

"and you look beautiful," matt tried to distract you by leaning in for a kiss, but was met with your finger against his lips.

"come on, just let me try it, would 'ya?"

you wanted to laugh at the likes of him. his foundation looked flawless, and the peachy pink you blended into the apples of his cheeks made him look like the sweetest thing you'd ever seen. you were almost jealous, because he looked way better than you. stupid boys, you thought bitterly, they always get the good genes.

matt's stressed glance darted between you and the eyeliner pencil in your hand, and then he nodded meekly. "fine. but if i go blind, it's your fault."