𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘦𝘴 ***

content warning:
brief mentions of date r*pe drugs
and mild descriptions of their side effects,
alcohol, and tense situations with a
male stranger.

stay safe.

ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅ઇଓ

you didn't like the taste of beer to begin with, let alone flat, warm beer from a keg, so that's why you've been nursing the same cup all night. plus, there was nowhere to get rid of it- people were practically shoving them into the hands of newcomers walking through the door. you figured one beer would barely be a blip on your blood alcohol radar for an entire night of partying.

being with matt meant you tagged along to a lot of events like carpets, meet and greets, and influencer parties. and matt, being his persuasive self, always asked you to come along- he says having you by his side is extra comforting for him. so tonight, you got sucked into attending some party being thrown by a tiktoker friend of a friend of one of chris's friends. you have no idea how the triplets even hear about these parties, but all four of you found yourself there anyway.
you even helped matt pick out his outfit, which you were quite proud of; you dressed the brunet in black jeans, a black t-shirt, and his black and grey carpenter-style jacket with the red lining inside. you did your best not to drool over him when he walked into the living room and gave a goofy little spin to show the clothes off. you did what you could to coordinate with him, wearing a red babydoll dress and a pair of sheer black tights dotted with little hearts (he did his best not to drool over you, either.)

nick and chris had found their good friends sabrina and oliver halfway through the night, so it's been a while since you've seen them. matt on the other hand was glad to let them loose, because parties were not exactly his idea of fun, whereas nick and chris were the opposite; your boy had a couple dances in him before the music got too loud and he got all worked up, and you were the same. so when his brothers ventured off to the dance floor with their friends, you two retreated in hopes of finding a quieter place to pass the time.
     a long hallway and staircase wrapped around the back of the house, and there were partygoers lining the walls, some drunk and some exhausted; but the farther back you walked, the quieter it became, and at the end of the hall near the bathroom there were only a few gaggles of people and a dull thump of music. that was exactly where you and matt headed.

     the boy held your hand as he leaned his shoulder against the wall, letting out a heavy sigh. "thank god. i just need a break for a minute."

     "so do i," you nodded, squeezing his palm tight.

     "oh, you know what?" the boy perked up for a second, looking over your shoulder at the bathroom door. "i need to pee. it's right behind you, i won't be going far or anything, do you think you'll be okay for a second if i go?"

     you could see it behind his eyes that he didn't want to leave you alone, and you could understand why. he brought you to a party thrown by someone only known through a chain of friends, with people you've never met all over the place. and if you were in the center of it all, you might've said no- but you're in a small corner with just a few people around, and your beer was still half full after nearly three hours of swaddling it close to your chest. so, you smiled and nodded your head. "yeah, i'll be good. go ahead."

     "are you sure?"

     "go, matt, don't hold it in!" you giggled.  

     you watched his tense jaw hesitate for a moment, and then he relaxed into one of those charming smiles he was so good at giving. you watched him walk through the door and lock it behind him, then took your place against the wall. you swiped another sip of your lukewarm beer and spit it back into your cup, having completely lost taste for it. you always thought beer tasted bad, but when it was warm, it was worse.
out of the corner of your eye you saw a young guy walking towards you- or towards the bathroom, it seemed. he was about your age, and tall. he probably had about six or seven inches on you. his hair was that processed kind of blonde, the kind like looked like white gold; his eyes were a pale brown, and his lips were too thin for his face. dressed in a mishmash of blues and greys, he seemed to blend right into the paint on the walls. just as your attention was about to divert to your drink again, he came to a stop in front of you.