𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳'𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦

rewrote my matt imagine
as requested for the lovely
cursedv4mpz !

changed a few things around
so it was new but still had all
the cute stuff from the first one.

enjoy <3

ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅ઇଓ

everyone who knew you knew that you weren't much of a partygoer. the music was too loud, the people came in menacing waves, and the energy was far too strong. for as long as you could remember, you hated parties- but chris didn't. and you would do anything for chris.

this was your first new year's with chris, and he promised that you would have fun at this party he took you to. and you did have fun- for about fifteen minutes- and then you grew uncontrollably anxious. the overstimulation was spiraling out of control, and you couldn't be stuck in the thick of the party anymore; so you snuck away to a quieter part of the house, away from all the flashing lights and booming speakers and sweaty people. you found yourself in the kitchen, which was long abandoned once the clock sped closer to midnight.
the kitchen was a sticky, disgusting mess, with solo cups and napkins all over; unidentifiable puddles laid like land mines around the floor, and everything smelled sickly sweet. but the noise was muffled, and you felt like you could finally catch your breath, so it was good enough. you nursed a cup of tap water and imagined chris the way you saw him last- jumping around and calling it dancing, and flashing that sweet smile that you loved so much. you were glad to be alone, but despite the comfort of the empty kitchen, you wished chris was beside you.

     as if your thoughts had summoned him, the kitchen door swung open and revealed a mop of curly brown hair and that smile you were thinking of just seconds ago. chris made his way into the kitchen a heaving, sweaty mess, and offered you a goofy grin.

     "there you are! i've been looking for you!" the boy ripped off a chunk of paper towels and swiped at the sweat beading on his forehead, and he eyed your cup hopefully. "can i have some?"

     you nodded silently and passed the water off to the boy, seeing him down the remnants in one big gulp. he handed it back and thanked you.

     "what are you doing in here by yourself?" chris asked, letting out a sigh and leaning against the kitchen island across the way from you.

     you watched him from the sink as he rolled the sleeves of his white button-down up past his elbows, fighting the urge to scream as he crossed his arms. it took little to no effort for him to drive you crazy sometimes, and you despised that fact. but, you had to admit to yourself, he looked particularly good when he had his sleeves rolled up that way. you bit your lip and forced yourself to speak through the tightness in your throat. "i- uh, i just needed some air."

     chris didn't buy that for a second and you knew it. you saw the disbelief on his face. "some air?"

     "yeah,"

     "come on, i'm not that stupid," chris chuckled, "don't lie to me."

     "i'm not lying!" you rebuttled, leaning into the ceramic tile of the sink and feeling the chill seep into the skin of your back. "i just needed a break, that's all."

     chris's expression softened, and he asked, "are you all worked up again?"

     "i guess, yeah," you huffed, "like, overstimulated. you know me. parties can be... a lot for me,"

     "baby, why didn't you say something? i would've come with you, or we could've left or something!" chris rushed to ease your stress, his eyebrows furrowing in concern.