Chapter 5

Fenrir wasn't at all happy to go anywhere near the unnecessarily loud crowd but if you asked me if there was anything he hated more than that, my answer would be short and simple - the wolves. Or just wolves in general but he couldn't wrap his head around the fact that his distant relatives now walked on two legs and were dressed like humans. They smelled like canines and they treated themselves like canines, clearly displaying typical wolf-like behaviors, but everything else about them screamed human. I couldn't wait to find out if they howled during full moons, too.

I knocked on Renn's door so that I wouldn't be on my own but no one answered so I followed the wolves' instructions and made my way to the main hall with Fenrir close behind me. From what I've gathered so far, the ceremony was going to take place in the School for Good and it surprised me because I'd expected us to have a space that we would share but found out later on that Evers and Nevers weren't allowed to communicate for most of the time which made a lot of sense once you thought about it.

I sneaked a glance at other students here and there but largely kept to myself trying not to draw any attention to myself which wasn't easy since I was the only one that had a dog beside me.
Most of them did in fact look like future villains, their hair messy and grimaces on their faces as if they hated life already.
The School for Evil was a massive building which would lead you to expect it to be very crowded but once we were all gathered in the main hall, it seemed like there couldn't have been more than a hundred people there. You could say it wasn't a lot and even though I'd agree, I've never liked crowds of any sort and only Fenrir kept me sane at that very moment.

"Hey, Cassie!" I heard Renn's voice coming from my left and noticed her making her way to me shortly after. "Are you- What's with that big ass wolf?" She stopped dead in her tracks a few meters away from me and stared at Fenrir with her mouth wide open.

"I- Uhh, that's Fenrir."

"Girl, he's huge! Where did he even come from?" She asked.

"The School Master brought him here," I explained.

"He-? How do you even know?"

"He told me."

"You've seen the School Master?" Her face paled with fright.

"Umm, yes I guess so. I talked to him about two hours ago. Lady Lesso brought me to his tower and he explained how things work around here," I said and felt Fenrir brush against my leg.

"Holy shit, he's a legend! People say no one's ever talked to him!"

"Well, that's certainly not true. Our Dean said he sometimes talks to the students."

"Right, probably only when they're in trouble or fail their fairytale. He invites them to his office and then they disappear and no one ever hears from them ever again," she looked both panicked and shocked.

"Come on, I'm sure it's not that bad. It's not like he kills them or anything like that..." I doubted my own words for a second as I spoke.

"Yeah... So, what's his name again?" She pointed at my dog.

"It's Fenrir."

"Oh, like the one from mythology? Love it!" She exclaimed and eventually came closer to us watching him warily. "Does he bite?"

"If he wanted you dead, you'd be dead. As long as he ignores you, you're fine." I smiled and she laughed nervously.

"If he's anything like the original Fenrir, I hope I won't ever get on his bad side. Anyway, the name fits him. We're supposed to be villains after all."

"Hey, he's just a dog. There's nothing special about him. And he definitely isn't evil," I petted him and he wagged his tail in response. Renn just stared at us, not at all convinced that he wasn't some spawn of Satan himself.