Chapter 7

"Does your schedule change on its own?" I asked Renn before we went out our separate ways.

"No-? Does yours?"

"Uh, it's just that I'm almost perfectly sure it was different the first time I read it and now a few subjects are missing, and others have different names. Or I'm just going mad," I shrugged.

"Maybe," she giggled and bent down a bit to pet Fenrir. I was glad he was fine with her. He might be just a dog but if he likes someone, it usually means they're not a threat to us and mean no harm. How a dog's better at reading people than me, I had no idea.

"What class do you have first?" Renn asked when we left the dormitory.

"Animal Communication," I said, looking at the piece of paper in my hand.

"Ohh, it's cool! I wish I could come, too!" She exclaimed excitedly. "I think I have Uglification now."

I laughed at the name. "What, they're teaching you how to be ugly or-"

"I think so," she shrugged again. "We better go, classes are about to start."

"How the hell am I supposed to know where to go?" I wondered.

"You're the only one here that's stuck in two Schools at once, don't ask me," Renn stated. "Maybe just knock on the door and they'll send someone to show you around," she then suggested and I nodded, realizing it was my best and probably the only option.

We wished each other good luck and I went to the bridge. Renn had told me students weren't allowed to cross it under any circumstances but there was no other way for me to get to class so I breathed in deeply and walked straight to the door. Nothing happened. Just when I was about to knock, the door opened, seemingly on its own, only to reveal three fairies a few seconds later. I sighed, glanced at the School for Evil one last time, and walked inside, my cape blowing with every step I took.

"Good morn-" I started saying but the tiny creatures flew behind me and pushed me further into the castle tugging on my clothes and hair. "Fine, fine, I'm coming!" I snarled and let them lead me, trusting it was at least in the right direction. I heard Fenrir following us, trying to get rid of them but failing miserably with every attempt.

We made it to the main hall when I heard someone yelling from behind. "Wait! I'll take her, you all can go now!" I turned around and saw professor Dovey running after us with her dress raised high up, not ladylike at all. She came to a halt when she reached us. "Thank you," she added while barely catching her breath. The fairies flew away in a blink of an eye.

"Cassandra, right?" The professor asked.

"It's just Cassie," I corrected softly, not wanting to sound childish. My dad always called me Cassandra and as it reminded me of him so much, it made me feel very uncomfortable.

"I'm professor Dovey, Dean of the School for Good," she introduced herself, probably convinced I didn't remember.

"I know," I assured and she smiled at me in response.

"What class do you have now?"

"Animal Communication-" I was cut off by Fenrir ripping the leash out of my hand to say hi to the woman.

"I'm so sorry, he's usually well-behaved, I promise!" I apologized and tried to take him off of her but she laughed and let him jump all over her.

"It is fine, dear. Let him have some fun!"

Once Fenrir calmed down, she turned back to me. "So, Animal Communication, huh? Do you know how to get there?"

"Honestly, I have no clue," I looked down nervously, hoping she'd be the one to show me the way. And she did. Miraculously, I wasn't even late.