Chapter 22

I soon realized we were headed to the main hall in the School for Good, the exact same room the Welcoming took place in. I dragged myself behind Lady Lesso and quietly wished that whatever was going on, it wasn't such a big deal. My curious nature was getting the best of me but I stubbornly kept my mouth shut, refusing to talk to her anymore.

When we got to where we were going, I gasped in surprise. It looked like all students, from both Schools, were gathered there. An overwhelming amount of chatter filled the room. Teachers were running around like headless chickens, trying to keep everyone in check. I nearly jumped out of my skin when a few wolves howled loudly, probably to make the students shut up.

"Go find your friends. I will come and get you when we are done," Lady Lesso stated and I nodded in agreement.

I looked around searching for Celia and Renn, and when I finally spotted them, I smiled widely and ran to them. Celia was the first to notice me and she nudged Renn to bring her attention back to reality. She, too, plastered a huge grin on her face and when I reached them, they both hugged me tightly.

"I've missed you so much," Renn whispered to my ear happily, making me smile even wider.

"I've missed you, too," I answered when they released me.

"Uh, you're not sick anymore, right?" Celia moved away from me when I didn't answer.

"What?" I asked instead but then the realization hit me. "Oh, yeah, uh, no! No, I'm not! Everything's fine," I assured them. Celia gave me a strange look but dropped the topic.

"What was it that you had, by the way?" Renn added.

"Umm, I honestly don't remember what the name was, it's long and I couldn't write it down even if I tried. You'd have to ask the nurse," I shrugged. Lady Lesso seriously owed me a good grade for all the lying. A good grade, or a drink. Or, better yet, ten drinks. I could really use a drink.

"What's all that about?" I changed the subject and motioned toward all the chaos.

"There's gonna be new rules," Renn said and I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Those won't apply to me, since I'm in my room at all times anyways," I muttered with a sigh.

"Huh?" Renn looked at me.

"Oh, nothing, it's nothing. Just thinking out loud but mostly talking to myself," I joked and headed towards a few empty seats. Shit, shit, shit.

We all watched as both Deans appeared in front of the crowd of students. The whole room went silent when Lady Lesso tapped her cane on the floor.

"We are gathered here today because someone has threatened to ruin the balance between Good and Evil. For that very reason, the rules you all have known need to be changed," spoke professor Dovey. "Good and Evil are two opposite sides but one can't do without the other. The threat of events we are about to face leads to utter destruction of both. Those responsible mean to take over our world and turn it to ashes."

"The School Master has decided to strengthen all means of security regarding the Schools. To defeat the enemy, we will all have to work together-" Lady Lesso said but was interrupted by yells of disapproval that went through the hall. "Silence!" The Dean of the School for Evil hit her cane against the floor once more. "If you can't prove you are all mature, then we might as well give up already and hand them out heads as a gift."

"Lady Lesso, dear, don't exaggerate-" professor Dovey suggested softly but the other woman wouldn't listen.

"I am not exaggerating, Clarissa. You know I'm not."