Season 2 episode 8; Nebraska

(He's Lookin like snac I'd eat)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Carol continued sobbing, I mean she just lost her kid and found out she was a walker. Daryl helped her up "don't look, don't look." Daryl said but Carol broke out of his grip and walked away. Andrea finally let me go, Beth walked up to one of the corpses. She pushed one of the other corpses off of the other and crouched down beside it whilst crying "mom." She said rolling it over on its back (Awoop jump scare, this bit actually scared me because I paused it to write and when I passed it all I heard was "RAHH") suddenly the walker's hand reached up and it growled. Beth screamed as it grabbed her wrists. We ran over trying to get Beth out of the walkers hold "pull her away! Pull her away!" We continued to pull until finally she was safe. Tdog stomped onto Beth's mothers rotting face. It still kept trying to bite everyone so Andrea grabbed a hoe and stabbed it in the back of its head. I turned to Beth, she tackled me into a hug "it's alright, I know how it feels. Your gonna be fine" I whisper as she cried "Beth, come here" Hershel whispered. I looked up at Hershel and let go of Beth, he nodded and hugged Beth who finally went into his arms.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We started walking back "we've been out, we've been combing these woods looking for her. I mean look at y/n, he's got blood comin out of his mouth a cut on his eye and a bruise- that one's from me but we don't know what happened out there when he went out alone and she was in there all along?" Shane says "you knew-" "leave us alone!" Maggi says "hey Shane, stop it-" "get your hands off me." Shane says pushing Rick back "you knew and you kept it from us" Shane said "I didn't know." Hershel responded "that's bullshit, I think y'all knew" Shane said "we didn't know!" Maggie shouts "why was she in there?!" Shane shouts back "your- Otis put those people in the barn" Hershel turns around "maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed." Hershel said as the others went inside "and you expect me to believe that? What do I look like an idiot to you?" Shane asked "Shane hey hey hey-" Rick was cut off "I don't care what you believe!" Hershel shouts. Maggie grabs my arm "Come on, let's get you fixed up" she whispers, I nod and we walk in with the yelling becoming background noise.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"What were you doing out there?" Maggie asked wiping away some blood from my mouth "trying to find Sophia" I whisper "oh.. I'm sorry about what happened" she says brushing some of my hair off to the side "don't worry, it's the new world. People are bound to go as time moves on. I'm sorry my people killed all of the walkers in the barn" Maggie smiled "y/n, that was Shane's doing. You're fine" she hugs me "all done, you can go hang out with the others now" she said as she pulled away. I nodded again "thank you Maggie" I stand up "no problem n/n, come again anytime" we both smile before I leave. Glenn walked in.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(Theme song here)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I went up to Dale "hey Dale? I have a question" I call out, he looks down at me "what's up y/n?" He said. I look around "I've been seeing dead people." Dale looked surprised "that's impossible, what's makes you say that?" Dale asked "I've seen my mom, Cole, I think I saw a glimpse of Jim in the woods.. I don't know if I'm going crazy or not" I look at the ground "no y/n, you're not going crazy. You just need to process the loss. Either that or you just refuse to believe their gone, your in denial" he puts his hand on my shoulder "thank you Dale" h retracts his hand "anytime y/n, I'm always here to talk" I nod and walk away.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The others talked about burying and burning the bodies, I almost didn't want to do any of it. But nonetheless I dug with them, I dug with Tdog. Although me and him rarely ever talk with one another it was comfortable silence with him, it was as if we understood each other without words. I sigh and get out of the hole "that's it." Shane says as we all stopped. I couldn't help but wonder who was gonna be buried in which hole. I sat there and stared 'I could've made it to her in time if I just didn't listen to that walker.. if I just went off on my own, I just might've found her. I could've brought her back.' I thought wiping my eyes to prevent the tears from staining my cheeks. I got both pocket watches from my pocket, I put my brothers and mine around my neck 'I'm never gonna lose his.' I thought wrapping my hand around Cole's.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

After we buried the bodies we all departed. All but me, I couldn't stop thinking how I could've saved everyone if I just did one thing different. I got out the one I was meant to give Carl 'C.G, this was meant for mini grimes. I don't know when or where I'll give it to him but I'll be sure it gets to him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I held the small pocket watch in my hands while I stared at Carl, we were never gonna experience a normal childhood. It was ripped from us, there's nothing we can do but adapt and make the most out of this. Carl looked over, I looked away and stood up. I wanted to see if anyone else needed my help but Lori wasn't around, no one was there to watch Carl. Carl went back to whatever he was doing and I went back to watching him "you don't have to watch me." He called out smiling slightly "just because nobodies watching me doesn't mean you have to, I can protect myself" I smiled and walked over "well, I'll have to see it to believe it Mini Grimes" he gasped "My names Carl." He joked "right" I rolled my eyes as he punched my shoulder lightly "ow." I said sarcastically "that didn't even hurt, don't be dramatic." I hummed "or maybe you just don't know your own strength, grimes" I said, Carl laughed "yeah right" I scanned around the room until I came upon chess "hey." I said grabbing his attention "has anyone ever taught you to play chess?" I asked as walked over and grabbed the box and walked back over "I don't think so" he replied "great, bonding time with Carl grimes." I sat down across from him at the table "is that a bad thing?" Carl asked half jokingly "no no! Not like that it's just- I-" Carl laughed "relax, I'm just kiddin" his laugh seemingly lit up the room. I smiled and set up the board "alright so, this is your king. The king is you, you protect the king. The goal of chess it to trap the king. Now the Queen is the most powerful game prices, if you ever get any of your pieces taken away and your pond makes it across the board you can swap the pond for any other piece-" I went on the explain the prices and their movements.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Carl was quick to pick up how to play, he was a fast learner. He beat me in the first game, quick easy round. Second one I won and the third one I won, he was pretty close to winning if he hadn't of lost his Queen.

Carl leaned his head back as he leaned back in his chair groaning "good game mini grimes, you were close." I say as I stood up "how did you- ugh!" Carl groans as he looked at the board "your trapped by all sides Carl, I'm sorry bud but-" suddenly he moves his king "wait what?" He got out of checkmate. I gasped as I realized he had just put me in checkmate "Carl.. how the hell did you do that?!" I asked "I didn't, you did. You trapped yourself, during our conversations you just kinds trapped yourself." Carl shrugged "but you were just groaning about how you lost?" I say as Carl nods "I kinda took the time of you talking to find out a way to put you in check, I win" he smiles. I sigh and smile back "someday, your gonna be a great leader." I put my hand on his head and mess up his hair before walking out.

'I'm gonna miss this'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

End of episode :]