Season 2 episode 10; 18 miles out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(Intro here bc Idfk how to start this chapter)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rick and Shane said they were going 18 miles out, doing whatever they do. I stayed in my tent, I tried to sleep, I really tried. It just didn't work out. I get one of the books from my bag and get out a small journal.

I wrote down many important things from the book, I logged in the ones we've lost, I logged in the events that had taken place before and after the whole infection. I made small doodles alongside the writing.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I helped around the farm; feeding the chickens, getting the eggs, feeding and brushing the horses. I took a small walk around the tree line of the farm. Killed a few walkers but that was it, had to use my knife so I wouldn't attract the walkers. I went further into the forest and snagged multiple branches.

After I got back into the farm I sat against a tree and sharpened one end of each thin but durable branch, once I decided they were good I carved my name into the sides of them and finished them off. I walked back to my tent leaving the newly made arrows unattended. I grabbed my bow and walked back, Daryl was inspecting them "I left them for one second and your already critiquing them?" I asked "of course, gotta see how my lessons are paying off." He smirked as he pricked the top of his finger on the tip. A dot of Blood made its way through the hole and onto his finger "pretty good, could pick better branches though" he hands them back to me. As he walked away I held the arrow "hey.. Daryl?" I called "yeah?" He turned around "I haven't shot these in a while, I might need some help.." Daryl smiled "alright, let's go." He starts to walk off. I trailed closely behind wearing a huge smile.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even after Daryl left I kept practicing until I felt I was done. I picked up the arrows and walked toward the farm. On the way towards the farm I saw a walker, I shot it with an arrow and smiled as it dropped to the ground. I walked up and pulled the arrow out of the walkers skull.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As soon as I got back I looked around, I saw something limping toward me. I couldn't see its face but it looked like Carl, I aimed nonetheless. When it turned around a wave of relief rushed over me, he looked at me surprised. I sighed as my knees felt slightly weak "holy shit, don't scare me like that, I thought I had failed my job." I said lowering the bow and putting the arrow away before walking up to Carl "what?" He said shocked and a little scared "why are you limping? Did you hurt yourself? Did someone hurt you?" I asked crouching down "no, I just kinda stepped on it wrong." Carl responded "nothing bad, good. Anything else that's causing you any pain?" I asked "no.. why are you all of a sudden so.. protective?" Carl asks "no reason, just thought you were hurt." I replied before I saw Daryl "y/n!" He shouts and gestures me to come over. I turn to Carl "I'm gonna go.. talk to you later?" He nods "cool cool" I walked away. It registered in my mind what I had said "agh! I was so awkward!" I face palmed as Daryl laughed "never thought I would see the day you mad best yourself up because of how you talked to someone" I rolled my eyes "that's everyday" I groan "whatever, come on we're gonna getcha some better arrows." I smiled as we walked back into the woods.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"This one" he pointed to a pretty sturdy branch "uhh.. I didn't bring a hatchet.." I said looking at it "so? Use your strength." He crosses his arms as he leans against a tree "okay.." I grab the branch and push it forward attempting to brake it off "what technique is that?" Daryl laughed mockingly "I'm trying to break it off!" I shout as I push harder "let go of it y/n" I instantly let it go. I groaned and it instantly swung back and hit my stomach, I doubled over as Daryl laughed again "you just love to see me in pain, don't you?" I asked getting up "yes, I enjoy it a lot. Now-" he stomped on it causing to to break "you could've done that from the start!" I shout gesturing to the branch that was now on the floor "gotta learn the hard way kid." He smiled as he picked it up. I groaned.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

End of episode, since this episode was mostly just Rick, Shane, and Randall I wanted y/n to have some bonding time with Daryl. You know, they kinda been drifting apart since the whole Sophia walker thing. :D