Chapter 8

Disclaimers:
I do NOT own any of Blue Lock's plot and characters (etc.) created by Muneyuki Kaneshiro-san and illustrated by Yusuke Nomura-san.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is it really just that? Many has that question running through their heads in the room, yet no one had the courage to speak up. How can they when they're still processing what happened.. and being rather quiet than cheering for winning in this game? Disbelief was written all across Igarashi's face, he trembles, gathering his strength together, and stood straight, as if he isn't scared at all. Once done, he breaks out of sweat, voicing out his own opinion about the matter.

"That's- that's just all plain nonsense... From beginning to end"

Nonsense...? Y/n shrugged, he doesn't really know either, all he knows is that he won, and he got to kick out that annoying play- perhaps he's just an individual now? After all... It was said that if you fail here, you got your football player title stripped away from you... He's not a part of this program anymore either per Y/n's knowledge. Bachira just chuckled, as if to say that he doesn't really care... Even sitting down on the ground and whistling with not a care in the world.

"It is nonsensical indeed. But then, so is this world. Either you win or you lose."

Ego said, being rather blunt about the reality that the others didn't understand. Y/n was even asking in his brain if that Igaguri guy was just purposely asking such a question to avoid the truth, he's in denial, in short. Perhaps it's because the guy is just desperate to stay in this program to not got back to being a monk, he mentioned it some time ago... Just something that Y/n didn't pay much attention to.

"While you were getting excited over your mediocre successes, true strikers... Tread a path of winning or losing everything..."

It's always been like that... It was just toned down to better think about their other teammates. It's always been a win or lose competition... Just wasn't brought to light much in this country. For a long time, the coaches focused more on teamwork than winning, as if to avoid the cruel reality.

Y/n honestly doesn't know which is the real correct answer, but what he does know... Is he got to do his best, prioritize himself and disregard others. He knows that he's always been thinking about others for years, he just made the decision to think about himself first this year... He's had enough of everything... He wants to be free and... Just be himself. A Y/n with no restrictions nor another person to barge into his life and control him... Just like his... Forget it. It doesn't matter anymore. They don't matter.

"Every single day, in order to keep on surviving"

The survival of the fittest they say, saying that it's mainly applied to animals and not humans. Lies. It's all lies... It's hiding something else that's also important... They didn't say that it's entirely not applicable to humans, which means that... it's just more prominent on animals than human beings... which proves that... that other part is nearly forgotten by many... and it is that it can also be applied to humans... in certain situations. 

"How was it? Since you were born... Wasn't this the first time you felt true danger?"

'Nope. Not at all, I've been feeling that way since I was just a naive little baby. Especially since the time I realized everything'

That question didn't really affect Y/n, his expression was just the same as earlier, calm yet no emotions visible on his face. The others didn't harbor the same feelings as him, however. Well... It wouldn't make sense if he reacted in realization, with his past and all that he's been through.