Arriving

Maja have you already packed all your things I hear my mother calling from downstairs. I still need a few things like my toiletries then I think I have everything.

We sit at the table with the whole family for dinner. Tomorrow I leave for Dortmund so this is the last time we have dinner with the whole family.

Do you feel like it, my father asks. Yes, of course I will miss you, but I will only be gone for 6 months and I will definitely come to visit and you will also visit me, so that should be ok. Yes, you are absolutely right in Maja, you should enjoy it above all. I certainly will, Dad. Say goodbye to your Maja brothers because they will not be going to the airport tomorrow morning. I will do that now.

I walk to Lucas and Oscar's room. Lucas and Oscar I'm really going to miss you guys, but you can also be here without me. Just listen carefully and don't argue. Yes yes it will be fine Maja we will miss you too. I give them both a kiss and the moment I want to walk away, Oscar says. Come home with a nice boy, because we would like someone who wants to play football with us in the garden. I laugh and say. Oscar I'm not going to Dortmund to meet a nice guy. No, I know, Maja, but someone can just come in your way. we'll see Oscar. Bey guys!

——————————————————————————

5.45 AM,
my alarm goes off.

Ugh it's so early. After I have turned around 2 more times I just get out of bed. I eat my breakfast and pack my things to go. I'm in the car with my mom and dad, they're driving me to the airport. We parked the car and they get out to say goodbye to me.

Maja we will miss you very much but enjoy. I give my parents a big hug and a kiss and then I walk to the departure Halls. Arriving at the departure halls I look at the departure board where I have to go. I just found it, I'm proud of myself. I walk to my seat on the plane and sit down in my seat. The Flight goes well, a little bit of turbulence but nothing else.

Arriving at the airport in Dortmund I have no idea where to go. I look around and first go get a hot tea because I really can't live without tea. I sit down at a spot by the window because that's the only free seat left.

After 5 minutes I hear a woman's voice say. Hi, I'm sorry could I sit at the table with you because there is no room left anywhere.

I turn around and see a girl of about 20 years old. Oh yes, no problem.

Hi I'm Belle.
Hi, I'm Maja I say back.

We start talking a bit and I'm curious why she's here so I ask her. Why are you here in Dortmund?
My boyfriend lives here, we are actually both from America but he moved here for his work since 2 years ago. Oh nice I say. What kind of work does he do? He does football, he now plays football at Borussia Dortmund. Really cool! Yes, it is indeed very nice, but sometimes it is also difficult now in such a foreign country. Why are you here, she asks me now. I will be studying here before 6 Months. Oh nice, she says enthusiastically. Yes, it's very nice, but I find it exciting because I don't know anyone here and I can't speak German at all. She smiles a little and says. I had that too in the beginning, I only knew my boyfriend but I quickly made a few friends and the fact that you don't speak German is not a problem at all, there are so many people who only speak English here. Belle gives me her phone number and says. If you feel like visiting me you can always send me an App. I smile at her and say, I will definitely do that!