The kiss

It's the next day and I just finished school. I'm going on a date with Jude in 4 hours so I'm going to take a shower now so I have enough time for my hair later.

I'm done showering and I call Bella to ask what to wear. Heyy bella, do you have any idea what I can wear? Hey Maya where are you going? Oh uh yeah forgot to say but I'm going on a date with Jude in a bit. OMG GIRL nice. Where are you going, do you already know? No yesterday when Jude brought me home he asked me if I had anything to do today so I said no not really and then he said okay great I'll pick you up at 7 PM then we'll go on a date. Ooh how romantic says Bella. Yes I know it's really cute but you have to help me with my outfit. Oh yes okay Uhm I think I would just wear a dress, that always looks good. Okay yes that's true.

Belle and I talk a bit more and then I hang up because I'm about to be picked up by Jude. I'm sitting on the couch when I hear my phone ring. It's an app from Jude.

Jude: Heyy Maja I'm at your door!

Maja: okay great I'm coming!

I walk outside and Jude is waiting by his car. I walk over to him and give him a hug. Hey Jude I say. Hey Maja are you looking forward to it? Yes sure! I want to open the car door but I can't because Jude is faster and opens the door for me. A real gentleman I think to myself.

Jude you really don't have to open the door for me, I say. Yes, as a real man you do that for a woman. I smile at him and we drive to the date. What are we actually going to do? I'm not going to say that, that's a surprise. Ugh well I don't like surprises. Jude smiles at me and says. Well then you're out of luck because I'm certainly not going to tell. I glare at him and he laughs at me.

After about 10 minutes of driving we arrived at the date. It's a tall building and we walk inside. Once inside we enter the elevator and Jude presses the button of the highest floor. Arriving on the highest floor I see a beautiful restaurant with a view of the whole city. Wow Jude this is really beautiful. Yes I know I like it very much too.

We sit down at a table by the window. Where are you actually from because you are not from Germany asks Jude. I am from Sweden. I live in a small village near Stockholm. Wow Sweden, I always want to go there, the nature is really beautiful there. Yes I think so, near my house you have a very beautiful forest, there is also a lake that I like to sail on with my father's boat, preferably alone because then I can completely relax and enjoy nature. But I often go with my brothers who also enjoy sailing. Maja it sounds really great I envy you. I smile and say where are you from? I am from Birmingham in England. I lived there in the city with my little brother and father and mother. I do miss them, we are a really close family, but luckily they often come to visit. Yes I understand, I miss my family too. Always cozy in the house and now I just miss being together. I'm alone in my Apperment but it always feels so empty then. Yes I have too says Jude.

——————————————————————————

We finish our food and go home. We get into the car. Would you like to watch a movie at my house? Yes, I answer nicely. We have arrived at his apartment and go inside.

Can I wear a tracksuit from you because this dress is no longer comfortable. Yes, they are on the top shelf on the right side of my closet Jude says. I go to his room and look for a tracksuit. I want to put on the suit but it's way too big. I walk back into the living room and I can already see Jude laughing. It looks good on you Maja. Yes, you just say that to be nice. No, it looks  really  good, look good at my number 22.

I look at the number on my sweater. I stare at it. Uhm is there something Maya. No, nah yes actually. What then? Number 22 is my mother's favorite number. Oh really coincidental, but is there anything else? Yes, always when we were in the hospital she was in room number 22, that was the lucky room. When she lay there in the room, the doctor had good news. Usually she was allowed to go home or chemo had gone well and her cancer was getting less. Jude looks at me and says. Does your mother have cancer?

I am silent for a moment and tears come to my eyes. Yes 3 years ago it was discovered by her she was in the hospital for a long time. My father was with her very often, so I always had to watch my brothers. It was a tough time, I was 16 and had to take care of my 1-year-old brother and my 6-year-old brother. The days were long because of course I also had school in addition to babysitting my brothers. But luckily things are better now. She is now home and her cancer is largely gone, I say crying.

Jude takes me in his arms and comforts me. Wow Maja what an intense story, I don't know what to say. But it's nice that things are better now.

I stopped crying and we are still sitting on the couch. Do you want a drink Jude asks. Yes, that's fine, have some tea. Jude goes to get some tea and I turn on Netflix.

Jude comes back and sits down next to me. What movie are we going to see I ask Jude. It does not matter to me. OK, I'll choose one. I have chosen the movie and start the movie. Jude sits next to me and puts his arm around me. Jude is nice and warm and I feel safe with Jude.

I look at Jude and stare at him. He looks back at me and asks. Is there something? Huh wait what no why. No nothing he says smiling.

He's still looking at me and I feel butterflies in my stomach. We both stare into each other's eyes and suddenly our lips are together. This moment feels great. We look at each other and smile a little. Then Jude kisses me again. Sorry Maja but I was really waiting for this from the first moment I saw you. Never mind Jude, I liked it. He smiles at me and we continue watching the movie.