Sweden

July 2022.
Jude and I are going to visit my family in Sweden today. We get off the plane and wait for our bags at the gate.

Maja do you think your parents like me? Jude of course they like you, don't be so insecure you are the cutest boy there is. Jude smiles at me but I can tell he's a bit scared.

We walk outside and I see my parents already standing there. I go over to them and give them a big hug. Maja, I have missed you so much says my mother. I let go.

Hi, I think you must be Jude, my father says to Jude. Yes sir I'm Jude. They shake hands. Hi Jude I'm Maja's mom, nice to meet you. Hi, nice to meet you too.

We walk together to the car and drive 20 minutes to our village. When we arrive at home we ring the doorbell and my brothers open the door. Heyyy, I missed you guys. I give them a big hug. Hey, you're Jude, aren't you, Lucas says. Yes that's right. Would you like to play football with us in the garden, asks Oscar. Jude laughs and says yes that's okay guys but first I'm going to meet your parents.

Jude and I walk to my room to put our stuff down. You do have a beautiful view don't you? Yes that's right, beautiful nature, I must say I do miss it there in the big city. Yes I get it it's beautiful.

We walk downstairs and sit on the couch with my parents. So how did you actually meet, my father asks us. Uhm let's think, we met in a cafe. Jude bumped into me and then I dropped my tea, Jude bought me a new one. Then a few days later I was at Bella's house and all of a sudden Jude was there too. Jude is friends with Gio, who is Bella's boyfriend. Oh nice story guys.

We all talk for a while until my mother suddenly asks what Jude does for work/education. Uhm, I am a football player, I play football at Borrussia Dortmund, that is why I live there. Ohhhh, how nice, says my mother enthusiastically. You come from England yourself, my father asks. Yes, I grew up in Birmingham with my parents and my little brother.

——————————————————————————

It is now 2 days later and I want to take Jude to my favorite place. Come on Jude you come with me, I want to show you something. Okay okay take it easy Maja I'm coming.

Together we walk a bit into the village until we arrive at the harbour. We walk to my father's boat. Is this boat yours? Jupp, its actually belongs to my father, but he doesn't use it very often. When I still lived here I often went sailing with my brothers or just to relax. It really is a cool boat.

We sail a bit on the lake. In the middle of the lake I stop us. Maja I am really impressed by Sweden, you always said it was beautiful but I thought you were exaggerating. I smile and say, Jude when I say something is beautiful you have to believe me I have good taste, especially in men. He smiles at me and kisses me. I love you Maya. I love you too Jude.

We lie still on the water for a while until it starts to get dark. We went back with the sunset and walk back home. On the way home we see a reindeer.

AHHH Maja there is a reindeer. I make fun of Jude because he's scared. Jude reindeers are not scary at all they are really nice. I walk closer to him and can feed him some grass. Come on, Jude, you feed him. Jude also approaches and feeds him very carefully. Come on now let's go that beast is scary. Jude and I walk back home hand in hand.