wednesday addams

Today was the day! Your huge dance competition. You had invited all your friends, family, and of course your girlfriend Wednesday Addams to come. You were performing a hip hop group routine and a contemporary solo for scholarships. Dance was important to you, it was what you wanted to do for the rest of your life, so this competition was incredibly important.

Behind the wings you'd check the crowd every once and awhile. You didn't see anyone you had invited. You tried not to let it get to you, it's not like they HAD to come to anything of yours, but you wished they would.

Finally competition started and everyone started working. Dancers cycling on and off stage, costume changes, the overall buzz and excitement could be felt from backstage to the audience. Or maybe it was just you, and your heart for the sport.

Your hip hop group was up. You stepped on stage to take your position, still not seeing anyone. Your group danced as routine and then filed off stage as practiced. You had to quickly change as your solo was after only 1 other dance.

Changed and ready, you took one last look from behind the curtain. And still, you didn't see anyone you wanted. Disappointed but not surprised.

It was a good thing you work best out of spite.

You went up and did your routine to [your favorite song], putting more energy and technique into the solo than ever before. When you finished, the crowd erupted into applause and you shown a winning smile as you walked off.

Eventually everyone dances and you went back to sit on stage for awards. Your group placed 3rd in hip-hop group, and you placed 2nd in solo, receiving a summer intensive scholarship at [college of choice]. Your team took a group picture with medals and trophies and everyone went back to change.

Changed and heading out, you were teary eyed and silent. You were proud of yourself, but of course the inner critique kicked in on all the ways you should be disappointed. And the fact that none of your people came too see you made it worse. Looks like it'd be another competition driving home by yourself and catching fast food.

"Y/N!" You heard out of nowhere. You turned around, figuring it was a dancer from your studio.

"Y/N!" It was Wednesday. You smiled and ran to hug her.

"Wednesday," you sighed, melting in her arms, "were you here the whole time? I didn't see you."

"Of course I was here. I sat in the balcony. I even took some pictures." She pulled out her phone and showed you pictures of you during both dances, and receiving awards.

"I also brought you these." She pulled out a bouquet of [your favorite flowers] with a little note attached to the top-

To Y/N, the prettiest dancer on the stage.

"Wednesday, thank you, they're so beautiful. I honestly thought you didn't come, I didn't think anyone did."

"Of course I came love. I know how important dance is to you, and if it's important to you it's important to me." And she pulled you in for a kiss. First you kissed on the lips, then she stood on her tip toes and kissed all around your face sweetly. You couldn't help but let a few tears roll down your cheeks.

Thing popped up and wiped your face with a tissue.

"Hey! Thing, where did you come from?" You giggled and nuzzled thing with your cheek.

"Oh yes. Thing came too. Thing says your best, second only to mom and dad's tango."

You laughed, "Well, you must admit, their tango is pretty good."

"Yes, maybe we'll have a tango of our own one day." Wednesday said, "Now let's get in the car, I made a reservation for [your favorite restaurant] in a few minutes."

You lit up, taking Wednesday's hand in yours as you walked out the doors together, "Thanks Wednesday, I love you."

"I'm quite fond of you too Y/N."