ajax

i don't remember his last name either 😍😍
><><><><><><><><><><><

Ajax had been your best friend since childhood. He'd seen you through it all, the weird stages, the cool phases, and you'd seen it all for him too. Of course, since he'd been your best friend forever, he'd also seen your current boyfriends era.

You were dating Tyler Galpin. While you were blinded by the ever-optimistic perception of love, Ajax could see right through Tyler's recent months of mistreatment and lies. You guys would argue, and you'd come crying to Ajax about it, and Tyler would say some half-assed apology and promise to be better (but he never changed).

The relationship started out good of course, but with the recent months and struggles, and the arrival of a specific Wednesday Addams, Tyler was only getting worse and worst.

And of course Ajax didn't blame Wednesday, she didn't know you and Tyler were dating, and she also seemingly had no interest in him.

That was part of the problem-Tyler hadn't told Wednesday you guys were dating. He hadn't been honest with anyone.

And you couldn't see it, because you trusted Tyler, and wanted you both to succeed.

But Ajax saw.

And Ajax knew you needed better. Not only was he protective of you because you had been friends so long, but he had started to develop feelings for you. He would never tell you to savor the friendship, especially not while you were with Tyler. But he couldn't deny his feelings were growing and it was agonizing to watch you be mistreated.

Finally, your rose tinted glasses with Tyler were turned gray when you caught him alone with Wednesday in a closet at the Cafe.

You ran out the Cafe, and all the way to Ajax's house in the freezing cold, tears streaming down your face.

You ran the doorbell and it suddenly hit you how cold and tired you were. The adrenaline from catching Tyler in the act had distracted you. But here, alone on Ajax's porch, you face was red and swollen, not only from the tears but from the cold. You had goosebumps all over your body, wearing nothing but jeans and a tank top with a light cardigan. Your legs were shaking from running and you could have collapsed if Ajax waited any longer.

"Y/N- shit what happened?" He said, immediately bringing you inside. He carried you to the couch and set you down, putting one of his hoodies on you and then covering you with even more blankets. He wiped your face with a hand towel, and made you a glass of water. He set tea to warm on the stove and handed you a hot hands until he could get something warmer into them.

Ajax sat down next to you and held you while you cried. He didn't know why you were crying-though he could guess-but he was going to be there for you nonetheless. You cried on his shoulder, not caring you got his shirt soggy and snotty. And he didn't care either.

Once you were warm and no longer hysterically sobbing, you took a deep breath.

"I saw Tyler with Wednesday." You said.

"Maybe they were just talking-"

"NO Ajax. I saw them. In a closet at the Cafe. Buttoning up each others pants. Like REALLY saw them." You started crying again.

"I'm so sorry Y/N." Ajax was visibly angry. "I'll kill that piece of shit. Just ask me. I'll do anything you ask me." He got on his knees in front of you, picked up your chin, and looked in your eyes.

"Y/N, I've known for months you deserved better than Tyler. He's made you unhappy, whether you've seen it or not. And I didn't want to tell you that because I knew you'd be mad at me, because you love him. And I don't blame you for loving him. But at the end of the day, you've been loving a man who couldn't care less about you. And you are worth so much more than his empty words and promises he keeps making, but can't keep up with! So I'm serious when I say I'll do anything you ask. Just tell me." He kissed your hands.

You busted into tears again, "Ajax, you know me better than anyone else." And you don't know if it was the adrenaline crash, the warmth of his lips on your hands, or your own build up of feelings and need, but you grabbed his shirt and pulled him in for a kiss. And in that singular kiss was more passion and comfort than Tyler had ever given you.

Ajax happily kissed back. You guys kissed for what seemed like forever, and when one of you would pull back for air the other would pull you back in. It was a well deserved kiss.