18 Jack's Reunion

My legs are carrying me up the path into the woods. My bones are tired from a day of replacing the shingles on the porch roof. I could tell something was up with Ty all day, but he wouldn't say anything. I am not sure if he was having second thoughts about telling me about the accident last night or that he is gay. Finally, after lunch, I couldn't take it anymore. I just outright asked him what was up. He told me he thought something was up with Claire. I promised him that I would go check it out right after we got done for the day. He said it was all too fishy for just an art studio.

I had to come clean with him because I knew what she was really doing up there. He had just told me some pretty deep stuff, and I didn't want to lose his trust. Filling him in, I told him Claire asked me a while ago if she could use the old shack to grow marijuana. Since leaving the police force, I have really become lax on things like that, not to mention a nice toke every once and a while really calms my nerves. I told her I didn't mind, but she had to be careful about it. Additionally, I made it clear that I would have no connection to it and play completely dumb if anything ever happened. Keeping my end of the bargain, I haven't been up there in months.

"Jack, Jack, Jack," Tyson said as if he was talking to a naive child. "There is something else besides weed growing going on in that shack. Like something a lot more serious."

Thankfully, he didn't seem upset that I have kept that from him since he came to stay. The last thing I want to do is lose the ground we have started to make up between us.

My mind knows that my destination is Claire's workshop and that there may be some serious shit to deal with, but my thoughts are elsewhere. Tyson really just dropped a bomb.

Part of me wishes I would have told him a little more about my relationship with Kirk. He told me about his first night with Sean, yet I couldn't find the nerve to tell him about the times that Kirk and I got each other off in the communal showers or the handful of times that we gave each other blowjobs in the cell we shared after the guards did their final check for the night.       

Not to mention the trip to Tennessee that I just got back from. My mind starts replaying my Chattanooga river adventure.

It was almost as if someone turned a huge magnet on the moment I saw Kirk again. I could feel the air between us gather static and the pull of his energy on me.

Stepping out of the truck and seeing him come down the driveway from the old riverhouse made my heart flutter. I knew he had asked me to come here to help him finish up the insulation and drywall on the additional room he added on in the spring, but part of me wanted to believe that there was more to his invite.

"You made it," he said with a smile.

"Yeah. I thought I lived out in the cut."

He laughs as he reaches me.

The morning sun glistened off the sweat that accumulated on his ebony skin. Not one part of me cared about how wet he was when he pulled me in for a hug. We held each other for just a bit longer than two straight men normally do.

He holds me at arms length.

"You look good, Tier," he compliments with a pearly smile.

I finish taking him in. Sweat covered tank top revealing massive arms, broad chest, and powerful shoulders. His dirty cargo pants couldn't hid his thick thighs. Though he had a hat on, I could tell his head was shaved. I wondered if Kirk had any body hair besides his angular goatee that framed his luscious lips.

"You look pretty good yourself. I mean for an old man," I reply, looking deeply into his dark chocolate eyes.

"Hey," he says, "I am younger than you!"