29 Jack's Time Is Ticking

They kept me at the station overnight. Knowing that once they move me to county I won't have any space to myself, the solo occupied cell was a nice way to ease back into the con life. Even if it is temporary.

I know it is kind of funny, but I was surprisingly relieved to see Officer House, as I have dubbed him, escort Tyson into my holding room. Part of me was worried that he would change his opinion of me overnight.

I hardly heard our unfriendly detective warn me that we only had ten minutes before my visitation time had to be used to speak with my attorney.

Instead, Ty rushes right up to me and hugs me. Even as logistically awkward as it is with the cuffs, his hug makes me feel like I can carry on. Knowing he hasn't lost hope in me is all I needed. We kiss recklessly though I know it is against policy for detainees to have physical contact with others.

While still in our embrace and Ty's tongue in my mouth, Officer House opens the door and scolds us.

"Knock it off, you two. No PDA during visitations. You know this, Tier."

We part and I take a seat across the table from him. When I realize how hard I'm smiling, I shake my grin away.

"Ray is speaking with one of the clerks to see if he can get information from your file," Tyson informs me, leaning his forearms on the table.

I can tell he is a bit uncomfortable, so I try to reassure him.

"Hey," I say in a soft voice. "I really enjoyed our time together the other night."

I grab a hold of his hands.

He looks up at me with a cute but surprisingly bashful expression. I haven't seen this blushing version of Tyson, possibly ever.

"Jack, I have to tell you something about Ray," he pauses. "I was really upset last night..." He stops again.

"And Ray kissed you," I finished his confession.

Tyson was speechless. I let out a short laugh.

"How did you know?"

"Well, that is his trademark move. He does it to take your mind off what is bothering you. And it usually works. At least in my experience," I offer him.

"Yeah. It did work." He stops and thinks about it for a second. "He is a great kisser. Wait, in your experience?"

We both laugh.

"Listen, Ty. Being with you is so special to me and I can't wait to get out of this situation so we can pick up where we left off, but I don't want you to think you owe me anything. I am not sure how long I will be away. I don't want you to feel you have to wait up for me. Especially to take care of your urges. I mean we are men after all, and though sex with you is amazing, sex doesn't define the feeling I have for you."

Well, a weird DTR conversation wasn't really on the docket today, but I had to clear the air, no matter how awkward it is.

Tyson slowly nods, taking my words in. Just before he can respond House barges into the room.

"Time's up, Tier. Crawford, you have to come with me. The rest of the visitation time today is designated for legal matters with Tier's lawyer."

Almost as if this statement summoned him, Ray appears in the doorway behind the officer.

"Mr. Tier," House turns to Ray, "You have visitation access to your client until four p.m. today. In the morning, he will be transfered over to Buncombe County."

"Thank you, Office Haussier. I appreciate your help," Ray replies pleasantly with a smile, resting his bear paw on the officer's shoulder.

I can tell House's face almost falters. Even House has a hard time battling my brother's charm. Just for a millisecond, it seemed like a corner of his mouth was about to curl up into a happy smirk to return Ray's sentiment. Then the notion passes.

Tyson squeezes my hand and tells me, "I'll be in touch."

I smile and wink at him to say thank you.

And then he is ushered out by Sergeant Asshole.

Ray turns to me when the door shuts and says, "Damn, that one is wound tightly. He could pull off the whole hot cop stripper vibe if he lightened up a bit. Smiled once and a while. Maybe do a little shimmy?"

This makes me grin.

"He is a good looking guy, but grumpy doesn't work on anyone. Just give me some time. I'll get him out of his shell," Ray adds.

I shake my head and roll my eyes. Ray is too much sometimes.