23 Tyson Reconnects

My internal alarm clock wakes me. It is used to the working hours of the mountains. At first, I am a bit disoriented in the strange bed and unfamiliar room. The thumping headache doesn't help. When I roll over to find Sean lying beside me, my wits return.

We slept together.

But we didn't go all the way. He didn't enter me. Actually, he didn't even suggest it. We returned to the first time we met. Him lying on me and rubbing his dick against mine. Adding some lube from the bedside draw, he took us both in his hand and tugged away. His lips only left mine when one of us would let out a hushed moan, nibble the other's ear, or bite one another's neck. Almost in synchrony, we both shot our population juice as Sean pressed his forehead against mine. Getting lost in my former lover's eyes, and he searching mine for forgiveness and acceptance.

Though mutual masturbation may sound corny to some, it was more intimate than wrecking my hole with his cock would have been as our reunion sex. Especially since we were both drunk.

    Even against my best intentions, here we are, beside each other in his bed. So similar to the many nights at college before the accident.

    I take his slumbering self in with my eyes. Commit the image to memory.

    To think, I was going to leave before any of this happened. Certain doom filled my soul last night when I saw him chase after Camille. To my surprise, he later returned he asked me to join him in his room for a private conversation.

    He immediately apologized for putting me in an awkward position.

"But I have to be honest with you," Sean explained, not shying away from eye contact.

He went on, "I hooked up with Camille once at the beginning of the summer. I was drunk and lonely. After it happened, I told her that I wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship, but I'd enjoy being friends."

I repositioned myself on the bed to try to offset my uncomfortable feelings about the topic of conversation.

"Sean, you don't have to–" I started to say, but was cut off.

"No, Crawff. I do. I have to tell you I tried to get her to understand I was uninterested, every time she gets drunk she comes knocking on my door like a cat in heat. I fend her off if I have the energy or just ignore her altogether when I don't. I had no idea she would have been on the prowl tonight."

There was a long pause. I was not sure what to say, and apparently, he couldn't find the words either.

"She has been the only person I have been with since the accident," he almost murmured.

My heart flip-flopped.

"Okay, but you could have anyone. Why aren't you out there dating and sleeping around? You say you are lonely, why?"

"You're an idiot," he insulted me. "Because I have missed you, Crawff."

I felt my eyes widen and my pulse race.

It seemed as if these were the only words I needed to hear. Before I knew what I was doing, my lips were on his, pushing him backwards on the bed.

Sean must feel my eyes on him now, for he removes his arm that was draped across his eyes and looks over at me.

"Good morning, handsome," he compliments with a wink.

To hell with morning breath, I kiss him square on the lips.

We get to talking about the night and how it ended. The conversation turns into questions about life. Then into questions about us.