Chapter 129

Life Wizard Chapter 9 up on my website; www.litrpgheaven.com

Chapter 129

In the Ever Dungeon Continued...

"How bad is it?" I asked.

"It's not too bad, just a scratch," Jimmy said.

Oh good. Even though Jimmy and his big dark passenger are pretty awful having less manpower for offense is a big risk.

He's wiping up the blood as we've slaughtered another ten kobolds. They are harrowing us non-stop now. We engaged this group about ten minutes ago and we've been mopping them up. But even though they are kobolds, they are tough as hell and kicking and screaming every bit of the way as we try to send them to hell in a handbasket.

Kobolds can be pretty rough!

I had used my axe on the kobold I'd faced. It died with a horrible shriek.

By the time I was done the others were already killed.

But there was a cost.

We lost two more guys. It's suspicious though. And I have so much to worry about that I can't guard all the sheep while there are two mangy hungry wolves among them.

Moose swings very wild and wide with a long handled weapon. I don't point it out but I think one of our guys was killed by friendly fire while I wasn't looking just by colliding with his massive swing. I had to worry about the kobolds in front of me after all. And being at the back means I also have to watch out for stuff trying to flank us from behind.

The evidence looks uneasy to deal with. When kobolds claw and scratch up a guy, they do so with their nails or rusty throwaway knives or daggers mostly with either being slash weapons. Often they have bone weapons, too which I find interesting. Bone weapons are repulsive in many ways, but I find it curious that they have some kind of industry to try to reshape bones into ornately made clubs or other types of weapons with various ornaments and crafty violent symbols on them. They are scavengers and would recycle and use whatever they are given, so it isn't surprising they'd sharpen bones and use them for either blunt or piercing stuff.

But the ally from our team was crushed so I'm forced to not worry about kobold ecology anymore. But kobold blood is also red, unlike goblin blood so it's hard to nail down with perfect accuracy where their genes and evolution as a species might have come from.

Why isn't their blood more like a goblin's blood?

"Let's move. Keep moving!" Jimmy barked.

We don't stop because the kobolds don't have much that's valuable and the adventurer looting enchant is active picking stuff up for us so we don't have to stop very often. The men are too scared to stay here long too, since the last group of kobolds had sounded of some kind of cheap horn from a mountain goat. And because it's a dungeon their bodies evaporate into smoke.

I did wonder if the horn is worth something though, and managed to scavenge it even though I don't dare use it without a thorough cleaning.

"Got it," the dwarf said. "I think I have a signal."