Chapter 172

Thank you for your support! Please also like and give reviews for my books on Amazon that you've read. And feel free to tell me which stories I've done that you'd like to see the next sequel from! I like to hear from readers. 

Chapter 172

Dream State

"So what is this?" I asked Sylvie.

We're all getting ready for our next meeting.

Asakura is here with her, and me.

I then tossed the slave crystal to Sylvie that contained Rina inside. It wasn't until we'd gotten home late last night that we'd noticed that the crystal with Rina inside it is changed somehow. We don't yet know how much of that is the tampering of the witch, and how much of it is the slave protection system becoming active yet however.

And that's something we need to know right away.

The slave crystals, or soul crystals (they don't technically have to be treated as slaves) are interesting, and cool. You could say they are even beautiful to look at but they are an extremely rare and limited resource that I am still trying to figure out how to get. This was also partly why I haven't acquired more bodyguard girls yet.

Sylvie catches it with her hand easily. Then she begins looking at it. It's weird but, it doesn't look like the normal slave crystals. She's looking at it carefully with her eyes narrowed trying to pick up any kind of imperfection or detail no matter how big or small. Naturally we can see Rina inside it though, for now she's in the form of 'Patches the cat'.

"Huh? Why does it look different?" she asked turning it over in her hands.

"It what? What do you mean different?" Asakura asked.

"Well it does look different," Sylvie admitted.

"Could that be part of the slave protection system activating?" I asked.

"Oh that's nice. So that will protect us from people trying to steal us from you?" Asakura asked.

"I hope so," I said.

"That's a good thing," Sylvie confirmed.

"Eh? Let me see," Asakura joined in.

Asakura is now taking a look at it. "So do all of them look different or just this one?"

"Actually I don't know," I confessed.

"That's something we should check on too," Sylvie agreed quickly with Asakura.

Naturally I've left Cid the necromancer de-summoned in one of the other crystals while we're studying the one with Rina inside it.

It's strange that people can be summoned and de-summoned. I wonder why it's like that. How can it be? It seems bizarre and complex, while I guiltily wonder why I'm the one who has access to it while others don't. Even before now I've questioned how such an interesting overpowered ability can exist. Theoretically I still have no idea the limit to how many people I can summon and keep summoned.

"You know this does look different but I can't put my finger on it," Asakura said.

"It's maybe because you aren't a mage?" I wondered.

Sylvie is still looking over it, with Asakura hanging over her shoulder. Sylvie is sort of sitting in a frog position with knees bent and legs sort of splayed to the sides while on her heels. I'm in front of her watching them and hoping they can give me some clues.