𝑺𝟐/𝟎𝟓: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍-𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅

THE CHRISTMAS TREE IS READY,
THE CANDLES ALL AGLOW.

THE CHRISTMAS TREE IS READY,THE CANDLES ALL AGLOW

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"Olga?"

That's Olga?!

Telling by Austin's face, this won't end very well. Hugo sneaks his arm around the tall blonde, pulling her in by her waist, and I turn back to Austin to see him clenching his jaw tightly.

"Austin." Olga, with the voice of a fairy, raises a brow, before turning to nod at me. "And you must be Ottilie." She stretches her arm out for me to shake.

A brief second passes, a second of me contemplating, but I bring my hand to shake, she's my brother's girlfriend at the end of the day. "I prefer Ottie." I say.

Olga nods, "Ottie. Nice to meet you."

She wears white jeans, a white puffer jacket, white ear muffs, and white Moonboots, completely matching the thick layer of snow outside. She's tall, very tall. Hugo always used to say he'd never date anyone taller than himself, I guess he really is head over heels.

Austin clears his throat, and I turn to him once again. He doesn't take his eyes off of her. "You two are—"

"Dating." Olga nods, smirking with her nude lips.

A vein appears in Austin's neck, and his teeth graze. I can't help but wonder if he's bothered. He shoves his hands into the pockets of his black dress pants, chewing on the inside of his cheek while looking everywhere but my desperate face.

"I wanted you to meet her." Hugo smiles at me, leaning against the counter while waiting for me to strike up a conversation with his beautiful, gorgeous, prettier-than-me girlfriend. Of course Austin's dated her, she's right up his street, not to mention, in his league.