Chapter 4

TW's: light swearing

The next day I woke up super tired and still a little exhausted but when I turned around to where my phone was laying I saw someone calling me. I frowned because I've never seen this number before, yet I was too curious not to answer, so I picked up the phone.
"Hello?" I said still frowning a little due to no one answering me. I sighed but perked up again when someone on the other line started to talk while I was about to hang up the phone. 
"So you really think you can block your own mother now?! I can't believe you, Dawn!" I instantly recognized the voice and rolled my eyes. "Maybe think about why your daughter would block you just like that." I said then hung up and blocked that number as well. 
"First thing I gotta do today I changing my goddamn number." I mumbled to myself then got out of my Bed, and took a quick shower, when I was done I changed into Black Jeans and a dark blue sweater. (You can change the outfit if you don't want to wear that.) 
I put on my shoes and glanced into the mirror in the bathroom "Alright." I said then grabbed everything I needed, my wallet, my phone, and the keycard for the Hotelroom. I walked out of my room and closed the door behind me and when I started walking with my face buried in my phone I bumped into someone. I stumbled back a bit and looked up, a tall man standing right in front of me looking down at me, he had black hair and black eyes. "I'm sorry, sir." I said putting my phone into my pocket. "Oh it's nothing, just watch where you're going hm?" He said smiling a tiny bit. I nod and when I walked passed him I realized he had 2 Bodyguards behind him. I looked back and tilted my head a little confused. "Hm, Alright I guess." 
He seems important if he needs 2 Bodyguards with him, I ask myself why, yet turned around and kept walking. I once again checked my phone, 11.30 am. "I wonder if I get the ability to wake up early." shaking my head I put away my phone and walked towards the exit of the Hotel walking to the same Cafe I had been to yesterday. I really enjoy being alone, so I don't really bother talking to anyone but the waitress from yesterday. She seemed pretty happy to see me again. 

Somehow my thoughts go back to the mysterious man I bumped into today. He looked Important, not just because he walks around with Bodyguards but because he wore a suit. So a businessman? Eh. At least he was nice enough not to get pissed at me. 

I ordered the same things I ate yesterday, and when I got my food I saw My father, Danny, and someone else I don't know walking in. I keep my eyes on the man I don't know yet: He has black hair and black eyes, shorter than Steve but definitely taller than Danny. The guy has both a badge and a gun, like Steve and Danny, apparently the same exact badge. I nod, he must be another colleague. They sit down, and the moment my Father saw me he gives me an understanding yet sad smile. I nod at him, smiling back a little. While they ordered their breakfast I ate mine, and when I was done I called over the waitress, Tessa. "Do you mind giving me your pen and a piece of paper?" She looked at me confused but nodded and gave me both of the requested Items. I wrote down a little message; "Thank you for understanding my current situation." I folded the paper and looked up at Tessa giving her the pen back. "Hey? Can you maybe give that to the table with the 3 men. Well, one in particular" I said lightly pointing out my father, and as Tessa gave the paper to Steve he looked at me with a 'Happier' smile if you can call it that because he actually looked more relieved reading the message. I saw Danny asking to read it and Steve handed Danny the paper, then like Steve, he looked over to me which led the other guy to turn around just enough for him to see me. Danny had the lightest smile on his face as well, yet the other man looked deeply confused which told me that he had no idea what was going on. I grabbed my phone, left a little tip on the table, and stood up. I looked at Steve who was looking at me leaving. I waved, then left the Cafe.

My next stop was to change my number, so my mother can't reach me so easily anymore, so I went into the shop changed my number, and paid the guy that was helping me out. 
I thanked him and left the shop feeling a little bit better. When I found myself in the middle of O'ahu I was quite lost as to what to do next, so I grabbed my phone and looked up the way to the beach. I always wanted to see what the beach here looks like. It's a 30-minute walk, and I pouted. I didn't wanna walk all the way there, but to my luck, I saw a Bus arriving at the Bus stop just next to me so I asked the Bus driver where he drives to. "Hello, does this Bus drive to the beach?" He looks at me with a smile, he nods, and says: "Yeah I have one Bus stop there. Hop in!" I gave him a smile back and got into the bus. "How much is it?" He starts driving and replies: "It's 2$." I paid him the money and sat down.
A little while later we arrived at the Beach and before I got off the Bus I thanked the Bus driver and waved him Goodbye. 

When I ended up at a Shrimp truck I looked around and it seemed pretty busy, many people are around the Truck and sitting at the tables in front of the truck and eating. The smell of shrimp entering my nose made me shudder. 
Yeah, no. I'm not a big fan of Shrimp, so I just walked a little further away from there, taking a seat on a bench near some Palms. I just sat there and thought about a lot of things; My Home in Kansas, my little friend group I needed to give up, the lies my mother fed me with, my father, my new life, and how I am gonna move in with my father sooner or later. I don't know him, his family, or his way of life. I know his job because I looked up the 'Five-O task force' a little but other than that I don't know anything about him. 
I know I need to eventually accept the fact that my mother is a liar and the fact that I can't go back there. Well, It's not like I want to go back anyway but still, It has been my home since I was born, I will definitely miss my hometown.

"Why does everything needs to be so complicated all the time?" I mumbled, then closed my eyes and breathed. At this point, I was just trying to relax a little due to my light concussion, which seems to get better faster than I thought.
I opened my eyes and saw kids playing volleyball, I smiled because they looked happy. Something that I haven't been in a while. My mother's drinking got worse and her way of treating me eventually started to become worse as well. Okay I mean, she's never been good at being a mother as well but her drinking just became out of hand. 

I continued watching these young kids play, thinking about how my childhood might've been if I'd grown up here with my father, instead of in Kansas with my mother.
I took a deep breath and well I exhaled someone sat next to me. I turned around and saw him sitting there. My father. 

"Do you wanna talk?" I think about his offer for a second, then lock eyes with him. "Might be time to do so, yeah." I replied then looked straight ahead again. I glanced at my phone.
3.20 pm. I had been here for a while, and now. I feel like I'm not alone anymore. 

Hey guys! so that was the next chapter!
Hope you enjoyed reading it :) Please give me some tips or criticism about what I can do differently or overall better! 

Have a great day/ night or whatever time it is with you! 

Love- Jay