Chapter 8

TW's: Cussing

I woke up in my room, this time with the curtains closed. I sit on my bed realizing that I should've woken up in the Office Steve works in then raised my eyebrows "He carried me home without me noticing." 
When I stood up from my bed I stepped on my shoes, which Steve took off when putting me to bed. I tripped on said shoes and landed on the ground, seconds later I hear fast steps up the stairs, then, a knock on my door. "Dawn? Are you alright?" I sit up and respond to Steve, who sounds in fact quite worried. "Yeah, I'm good." Then I stand up and look at what I tripped over. "I can't believe I tripped on my own shoes." I thought to myself while shaking my head in disbelief. "Can I come in?" Steve asks on the other side of the door. "Sure, come on in." I answer while sitting down on my chair. As Steve opened the door he looked at me shocked. "What happened to your cheekbone?!" I shrug, then take out my phone and open the camera. "Oh." As I looked at my face, I saw a bruise on my cheekbone. "That must've happened when I fell just now." I look up at Steve, and I see a worried man looking down at me. "Does it hurt? We gotta cool that, come on downstairs." I sigh then answer "I'm fine, it's just a little bruise." Steve shook his head, then responded sternly, "No, we gotta cool this now." - "Geez, okay." 

We walked downstairs into the kitchen when I saw some man standing in the Kitchen, cooking. I frowned at the guy, then looked at Steve. "Who's that?" I ask, and as I do the guy turns around. "What's good, kid?" - "Dawn, that's Kamekona, Kamekona, that's my daughter Dawn." Steve introduced the man to me. I nod, then sit down at the Kitchen table. "Nice to meet you Kamekona." He nods in response. Steve walks to the fridge and then takes out a cooling pad. 

As Steve handed me the cooling pad he turned around and kept talking with Kamekona. The Doorbell rang and I practically jumped up happy to do something other than listening to the boring conversation between the two Adults. "I'll get it." I said putting the cooling pad on the Kitchen table. I opened the door and in front of me stood Chin, Kono, Danny, and a little girl. "Hey, Dawn." Chin said. I greet him and the others and hold the door open for them, so they can walk in. "What happened to your Cheek?" As I closed the door I answered swiftly "I fell this morning." We all walked into the Kitchen and I sat down again. "I really need some friends here man." I thought to myself while putting the cooling pad into the fridge again. "I'm going out. I'll be back at like 5 pm?" I look at Steve, who was surprised by my random idea. "Where are you heading to?" I shrug. "I want to explore the Island more, you wanted me to, right?" I see Chin and Danny smiling as I answered Steve's question. "Yeah, I did. Be careful." - "I will be." 
So I did what I said, I walked upstairs and changed into better clothes. My outfit for today is gonna be some cargo pants and a black Sweater. When I was done changing I put on my shoes, grabbed my phone, and walked back downstairs.  "You look more and more like your Dad." - "What?" I respond to Chin. "Yeah, you look a lot like him." He looked at me then continued "Especially with the cargo pants, he wears em a lot." Responding with a chuckle I walked back into the Kitchen. "I'll be back at 5. Bye."

I looked at my phone, checked the time, and saw that it was around 12 pm when I saw a group of teens playing football at a park. "They look pretty fun." I mumble while thinking of a way to approach them.
I sat down on a bench near the group and put my headphones on while glancing toward them every once in a while. "Great, How am I supposed to talk to them now? I already look like a loser sitting there alone." shaking my head slightly I was about to get up and walk away when the Ball the teens were playing with rolled in my direction. "Perfect." I think, then stop the Ball with my foot. "Hey! Pass the Ball!" one guy yelled at me. I passed him the Ball with a steady kick when I saw one of the Girls roll her eyes at me. I raised my eyebrows at her then turned around and started walking again. Suddenly I feel a hard smack on the back of my head, I turn back around stumbling a bit. The Girl that had rolled her eyes at me kicked the ball and landed a nice Headshot. "Bitch." I mumble while looking at her laughing with one of her little girl friends. 
I look at the Ball in front of me and grin. I steady my stance and kick the ball as hard as I possibly can, to my surprise I hit her straight in the face. I laughed out loud when she fell on her ass. 
"God, How I love payback."