Chapter 7

TW's: Cussing, signs of Mental Illness

I open my eyes and blink a few times due to the bright light that is shining into my room then sit up and look around, I frown then I realize where I am. I yawn and get out of bed, walking towards my unpacked luggage and picking out an outfit, which today will be some baggy Jeans and an oversized T-Shirt.  (You can again choose your own outfit if you don't like mine that much!)
Before I walk down the stairs I quickly unpacked my luggage and put all of my clothes in my new closet, then I unpacked the other stuff I packed before leaving Kansas.

When I was done I put on my shoes and grabbed my Phone. I looked at the time, 9:30. "Well, that's earlier than yesterday." I mumbled to myself quietly. 
I opened the door intending to walk downstairs, but when I heard two people talking I stopped and listened to the conversation in the living room. I recognize the two people talking, one of them obviously Steve, the other one Danny. 
"I'm just saying Danny, I don't know if I can handle a teenage girl." Oh, well. Ouch. 
"Of course you can handle it! What are you talking about?! Do you really want to send her back to her mother? I mean, you heard what Dawn was saying about her mother. You can't send her back." So Steve wants to send me back already, hm? Well, that's something nice to wake up to.

"Look Danny, I didn't know I had a daughter a few days ago, it's just, our job already gave her trouble and I don't think I know how to raise a child." - "Who said you need to raise her alone? I know you'll need a little help, but you gotta handle it now. There's no way we can send Dawn back." I see Steve nodding. I don't know how to react to the whole conversation I just witnessed. 
So I do what I can do best. 

"Yeah, right. You're quite stuck with me now." I say while walking down the stairs, and all I see are two shocked faces. "What are you looking at?" - "How much did you hear?" I raise an eyebrow and reply "Enough, and now let's get some breakfast, I'm starving." I see both of them looking at each other, shocked but yet surprised. "What are you waiting for? C'mon now." I say opening the front door and walking towards two cars. Then I come to a stop, turn around, and ask "What car we driving in?" - "Danny's car." Steve answers while passing me and getting into the driver's seat. I frown. I get into the Backseat and sit down behind Steve. "Why are you driving Danny's car?" - "Yeah, why are you always driving my car, Steve?" I chuckle after what Danny said. "Well, I can't sit in the Passenger seat. It Makes me nauseous." - "Why aren't we driving in your car then?" I hear Steve sigh, which makes me chuckle once again. "Alright, Alright mister     'I like to steal my partner's car' I'll stop." I tease Steve, but what makes me laugh even more is Danny holding his laugh next to Steve. 

We arrive at the same Cafe that I've been going to the last few days, and before we go in Steve tells me that we are meeting two other colleagues of them, Kono and Chin. 
So when we go in we are getting waved at by the two people in one corner of the Cafe, Danny and Steve are walking towards them while I walk behind them. "Who's that girl behind you?" Kono asks. Steve answers. "That's Dawn, she is my daughter." They both seem pretty surprised, understandable I guess. "Wait- you have a daughter?" Chin asks, Steve nods in reply. We sit down and Kono starts again. "Hey Dawn, I'm Kono and that's Chin here, he's my Cousin." I nod and Chin finishes Kono's sentence with a warm and welcoming smile "Nice to meet you." I return that smile as best as possible. "Nice to meet you guys too." 
I guess Steve and Danny think that their little conversation this morning didn't affect me, because of how I reacted. Well, it actually did because I still feel hurt by Steve and well, I don't know how, but Chin recognizes it, so he asks "You alright, Dawn?" I frown, not realizing he noticed that I am upset about something. "I'm good, just not that sociable. No offense against you both, of course." - "Okay, If you say so." He responded, once again with a light smile. 

As we were done eating Steve paid for mine and his food, and the others paid for theirs. 
The four of them kept talking a little while I listen to them, but when Steve's phone rang they all waited for what he said. "Alright, we'll be there in 10." I frown. We as in Him and his team, or we as in all of us? They all stood up and I ask "Where are we going?" - "We got called to a crime scene. You can explore the City. I'll call you when we are done, alright?" I nod. "Yeah. I guess so." 
So as they all drove away I felt a little lost, because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now, or well, where I'm supposed to go. 'Explore the City.' I remember what Steve said. "Exploring the City it is, I guess." I mumble while leaving the Cafe.  I look down the Street. Left. Right. 
"Yeah, well, where am I supposed to go? What is there to explore?" I thought to myself. I shrug then I just start walking down the street. I decided to walk until I find something cool, so I did exactly that. I walked. I look at the time on my Phone, 11:43 am.