Chapter 5

TW's: unhealthy household? 

So we sat there and started talking, and getting to know each other.
"So what are you? Marine?" He chuckled, then answered "Navy SEAL." I looked up at him and raised a brow. "Navy SEAL?" - "Yes, Navy SEAL." I nod then continue. "So... I'm a Navy SEAL's daughter?" He nodded in response. Now it's his turn to ask a question, and he takes the silence as an opportunity to do so. "What was the relationship between you and your mom like?"  
That's a shitty question to answer because... "I don't think there was a relationship between us, like never. At least I wouldn't say we had something like that." I replied blankly. 
He definitely noticed the change in my voice and my body language because he stopped asking. My turn. "What's your family like?" I look at him while he answers. "Well, your grandpa is dead.. and your grandma is somewhere I don't know." I look forward again and he continues. "You have an aunt. Mary, my sister. You'll eventually meet her sooner or later, she visits every once in a while. My team is my family as well. You see, Danny and the rest of my team are Family too." - "Okay, I see. That's sweet." I don't really know what to say, and what did he mean by 'your grandma is somewhere I don't know.'? I might as well ask that later, maybe. 
"Where did you come from, which State on the Mainland?" - "Kansas" He looks a little surprised when I answered. "Kansas, hm?" I nod in response, and he goes on with another question. 
"So, How comes you are here now?" I shrug while looking at him. "I've got no Idea, I just assume my mother had enough of taking care of me." - "What about your friends?" I frown at him. "Well, they didn't have much of a say in this, yknow?" He slightly nods, then says, "Look, your mother never told me she was pregnant with you. I met her when I was in the Navy, we met a few times and well-" I cut him off and say: "I happened. I know, I wasn't wanted." Steve looked at me confused and shocked at the same time. "How did you even know that?" I raise my eyebrow at him. "Well, she wasn't really secretive about that fact. She always rubbed it into my face when she was mad at me or whatever. "

We kept talking and talking until the sun slowly started setting. 
"So, Dawn. Do you wanna move in with me?" He says gently, trying not to sound too pushy. I think for a few seconds, and he patiently waits for me to answer and when I was done thinking I said.. "I mean, I can give it a try." He smiles and replies with noticeable happiness: "Great, let's get your stuff then, shall we?" when I stood up in response he brought me to his car and sat in the passenger seat.  "So, what hotel we're driving to?" 

A bit later we arrived at the hotel and I got my stuff, cleaned the room a little, and then got out of the room just to bump into an argument-like thing outside of my room. The guy I bumped into earlier today and my father having a conversation that didn't look so nice. Why do you think? Because my father has his hand on his Gun, while the 2 Bodyguards did the exact same thing. 
"What the hell is going on here?" I say, earning some frowns directed toward me. "Look, yall can talk without having your weapons half-drawn. I mean how does that even look like man." I sigh and then continue. "You step back a little. You're already in his face too much," I point at Steve then look at the other guy and go on. "And you do the same, we don't need unnecessary violence or shot people."
I wait for a little, and eventually, after a while, the guy in the suit steps back keeping eye contact with me. "Your turn to step back." I looked at Steve once again. He seems to refuse and I give him a harsh look in which he surprisingly takes 2 steps back. "Well, thank you. Now, what is this all about?" I shake my head feeling like a negotiator for children. Noone starts talking so I look at the man in the suit. "May explain to me what happened, sir?" The moment these words left my mouth Steve looked at me frowning. "Well, I was about to go to a meeting, when this man stopped me in the hallway here." I see that Steve wants to interfere and I take a quick look at him saying: "Let this guy talk, will you?" I turn to the guy again and say: "Alright, I see. We were just about to leave ourselves so I guess you don't have to worry about him anymore. I really hope you're not coming too late to your meeting,  sir." The guy nodded, thanked me, then started to walk again, and passes first me, then my father, and then rounded the corner when I spoke again: "What's wrong with this guy that you're stopping him like that?" I leaned against the wall while impatiently waiting for an answer. "I can't believe I'm playing adult right now." I thought to myself then sighed. "Do you not know who this man is?" Steve said sounding annoyed. "Well, no obviously not. I've been on this Island for not even a week." - "That was the new head of the Yakuza. Adam Noshimuri." I shrug, really not caring at all. "So? can you charge him with anything at the moment?" He looks at me narrowing his eyes. "Stop playing the cop." I rolled my eyes in response to his comment. "Okay, I take that as a no, you don't have anything to charge him with." 
As I grab my luggage and start walking I continue, "Let's go, I'm hungry."   

We arrived at Steve's house, I get out of the car and get my luggage, but when I look at the front door I say: "You didn't leave your front door open, did you?" He walked up behind me and replied with a slightly worried sound in his voice. "No, I didn't. Wait outside and don't come in until I get you." I nod and wait outside while he pushed the door open with his now-drawn weapon. 

Oop- 2 chapters in one day! Hope you enjoy the extra content :)
I know it's a lil short but I really wanted it to be a cliffhanger! :D 
Who do you think broke into Steve's house? 

Love- Jay