It was about 5 minutes since you first met Jushiro and already was he talking about the both of you being friends. He was like a father figure to you. Likely due to the large distance of age between the both of you, but he genuinely was a nice guy.

The pair of you appeared in front of the large doors of the meeting room. Your eyes were caught onto the large 1 on the door.

Jushiro took the lead walking through first before you followed after. In the room was a wide variety of figures and faces. Of them you recognized Division 8 Captain Kyoraku and division 4 Captain Unohana. Other then that the faces were quite unique to your eyes.

"Hajimemashite Kuromizumi-san." Your focus shifted to the shorter woman who appeared to your side.

"Hajimemashite Captain Unohana." You said bowing to the woman to which she bowed too.

"Jushiro-kun." She remarked looking to Jushiro who stood next to you.

"Captain Unohana." He answered with a smile.

"It is splendid to see you here for a captain's meeting Kuromizumi-san." She remarked smiling as she did so.

"Y/N is fine, and thanks I still feel out of my league here." You replied scratching the back of your neck in nervousness.

"It's only up from here." Your head spun back to find Shunsui walking up behind you.

"Captain Kyoraku." You exclaimed bowing your head once more.

"Oy, oy, you're a captain too, no need to bow. And you can call me Shunsui too." He stated holding the brim of his hat with a sly smile.

"Of course, a thousand pardons."

"Oy!" He exclaimed patting your head.

"Yare, you're far too formal." He explained laughing followed by Retsu and Jushiro who all chuckled. Your cheeks turned red a bit embarrassing to be called too formal.

You laughed it off before the Head-Captain sounded the start of the meeting. His cane slamming into the ground where the group of you stopped talking. Everyone quickly taking their places in the room.

You quickly took your place off towards the Head-Captain. Standing across from the shorter Division 2 Captain Soi Fon.

"It is time to begin!" Yamamoto exclaimed sitting before he spoke.

"Firstly I'd like to acknowledge the new 3rd Division Captain Kuromizumi Y/N." The captains of the room took notice of the recently filled position in the room. Your cheeks turned red feeling the attention be turned to you. Yamamoto continued.

"We still have two more positions to fill, however we currently do not have any other soul reapers who can fill those positions. Now then, there is the pressing matter of the traitors former captains Aizen, Tosen and Gin. There location has been currently tracked to Hueco Mundo. However, due to recent reiatsu activity in Karakura Town there is needed action. Captain Histugaya shall be leading a mission in Karakura to investigate. Captain Hitsugaya." The Head Captain quickly explained his eyes closed the entire time.

The shorter Toshiro took a step forward before he spoke.

"For this mission we will be needing 4 Captain and Vice-Captain leveled soul reapers. Myself and my own Vice Captain Matsumoto will be apart of this mission. Meaning we will need 3 more soul reapers." He explained crossing his arms as he spoke.

The boy was young for his age but he was rather mature. A smile crept its way onto your face realizing how talented the Captain's indeed were.

"You can take my 5th and 3rd seats." Your head turned to the very tall male with spiked hair who spoke plainly.

"You are sure you won't be of need of them Captain Zaraki?" Yamamoto questioned to which the tall man nodded.

"Those two have been out of action. They keep bothering me about it." He explained rubbing the back of his neck. You noticed not only was the man really tall but he was built with pure muscle. He must've been really strong.

"Does anyone else have another person to spare?" Toshiro questioned.

No one spoke as Shunsui looked over to your direction.

"Well considering we have our new Captain here. I'd like to put him on the spot and ask if he'd like to take on this mission." Shunsui added as Yamamoto opened his eyes.

"W-what?" You questioned before the division 2 Captain laughed.

Your attention turned over to her.

"He's just been newly promoted. You really think that he has the battle experience to take on such a mission?" She retorted before Unohana spoke.

"Captain Kuromizumi, although having been promoted suddenly, went through the same examination most of the captains here went through. Just because he doesn't have ground experience does not mean he is any less capable than any Captain here." She calmly explained standing next to her. You smiled hearing her explain before you sighed.

"As the new Captain of Division 3 I not only have to represent my own pride, but also the pride of my own Division. A pride that has been splintered by the heinous betrayal of the former Captain Ichimaru. That in mind, it is only natural that I should do what I can to return that pride." You stated as you looked up to Soi Fon before turning to the rest of the captains.

"Carrying that responsibility I agree with what everyone has said about me. I'm inexperienced but I have what I need to help. So, I will also aid in this mission." You commanded as you bowed before returning back to your position.

"It is decided! Captain Hitsugaya, Captain Zaraki, and Captain Kuromizumi I expect each to be prepared to carry out this mission 2 days from now. This captain's meeting is dismissed!" He ordered clicking his xane twice in the wooden floor.

A week in and your first mission. Being a captain really is tuff.

 Being a captain really is tuff

#979