Chapter seventeen: Confession

The next day, I texted Joana about how it went because I didn't get to watch them talk to the end, I had to leave early and she said it went great and she actually got a few details about it, I was happy and asked her to meet at the farm after college and she said sure.

Later in the afternoon, we met at the farm and she gave me a big hug and kept on saying how hard it was to pretend to not be friends with me and I hugged her back and assured her i won't end our friendship.

Ava: So tell me, how did it go? You said you got some information, tell me, tell me.

Joana: Breathe Ava, breathe

Ava: (breathe in and out) alright.

Joana: After I told her about us not being friends anymore, she went on with saying "I'm not surprised, friendship never lasts with her" and I was like "really? tell me about it, she's soo annoying" I'm sorry I said that.

Ava: (chuckles) it's alright, I can't actually believe she'll say something like that. Go on

Joana: I'm sorry. After I said you were annoying, she went on saying "she actually didn't want for the friendship to end but it ended anyways" and I said "I'm sorry you both friendship ended" and there are some conversations I don't remember but she did say something like "I don't regret joining josh to hurt Joe" and I was like "what do you mean?" And I think she said " well josh and I had our reasons to paying people to hurt someone she care about" I was surprised when she said it but I played along and said "that's something I might do"

Ava: So Ellen is that evil? Obviously I think I know josh reasons for paying someone to hurt Joe but Ellen reasons, I don't know. Did she say her reasons?

Joana: I'm not sure, I don't really remember.

Ava: Oh okay, thank you Joan (I hug her)

Joana: Did you talk to josh?

Ava: Not so much, anything I say makes him flirt with me, weirdo.

Joana: Haha, you need to talk to him though. What if Ellen is lying?

Ava: How?

Joana: She said she and josh did it, what if it was only her that did it? Maybe she just want to put josh in trouble, you know he bullies her so there's no way he would actually collaborate with her to hurt Joe

Ava: Oh my gosh that's true. I'll try talking to him

Joana: You should. Hey look at those horses, I think they're trying to race each other, wanna bet on who will reach the fence first?

Ava: Sure, what's the reward if one of us wins?

Joana: No reward, I think the brown horse will win

Ava: The black horse looks like it's going to win

Joana: we will see.

We watch to see which horse will get to the fence first but the horses fooled us and just laid on the floor, apparently they weren't racing. We just laughed and the day went on.

The next day, I went to college and this time I promised myself to have a conversation with josh properly to see if he'll confess. I went to the class and said

Ava: Hey josh. Hey you got a new haircut this time, looks great

Josh: Thanks

Ava: What you doing later today? Wanna go out?

Josh: I wish I could but I can't, sorry babes

Ava: Right, it's alright

Josh: You ready to give me your socials today?

Ava: Maybe later

Josh: Why not now?

Ava: I don't really remember but don't worry I'll give you

Josh: Hmm, okay

Ava: So tell me, what's your deal with Joe and Ellen?

Josh: What are you talking about?

Ava: Just tell me

Josh: Nah for real, what you talking about?

Ava: I heard someone saying you said "you're going to fucking murder him", why?

Josh: What? That's not true, all I said was "I fucking hate him" I'm not murdering anyone

Ava: But you'll pay someone to do it

Josh: I guess, why're you asking questions?

Ava: Just curious

Josh: Fine

Ava: Just tell me josh

Josh: Tell you what?

Ava: Did you pay someone to gang up against Joe?

Josh: Shut up Ava

Ava: JUST FREAKING TELL ME JOSH (I shouted)

Teacher: Ava, language and be quiet

Ava: Sorry. Tell me josh (I whispered)

Josh: So what I did it, it's not like he fucking matters

Ava: OF COURSE, HE FUCKING MATTER JOSH (I shouted and slapped him)

Teacher: Oh my goodness Ava, come with me

Ava: No

Teacher: Calmly come with me and avoid the trouble that comes after

Ava: No

Teacher: Ava I'm going to count to five

Ava: Still no, I'm sorry for shouting. Alright?

Teacher: Ava one? Two? Three?...

Ava: Alright, Alright, I'm coming

We went outside the class and the teacher had a conversation with me and sadly the Head of department saw us and told the teacher to go on with class teaching that she will take care of me.

The HOD took me to her office and after few conversations, she told me to go back to my class.

I didn't give her the real reason why I slapped josh because I didn't want it to escalate and besides Joe has asked to not interrogate anyone so yeah but the HOD believed my lie and told me to go back to my class.

The nerve of josh and Ellen, I'm glad I didn't give him any of my socials.

Thanks for reading
Please like, comment and vote.