9- The talk

I couldn't see anything. I could feel my sisters warmth from next to me and could tell that we weren't alone in the room.

"Good job Thursday." Wednesday said. I scoffed. "Me? You're the one who dragged me down here to steal an old book!" I said to her. I wasn't afraid of whoever it was that had kidnapped us.

I would talk them to death then burn them alive. Perks of being a witch.

"And you were the one who was asking the most unimportant questions I have ever been forced to listen too." She snapped. I rolled my eyes.

"Well that's tough. They were genuine questions. A secret library? Who wouldn't bang in here with their partner?" I asked her. "And you wanted to come with me remember?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"That was before I changed my mind. I want to be-" She cut me off. "In your room, drawing Xavier because you're in love with him as you would say." I shook my head despite the bag on it.

"No I'm not! I never said that. I said I liked him and think he's cute. Learn the difference dick." I snapped at her. I could practically hear her roll her eyes.

"Yes well, same thing." Wednesday responded. I rolled my eyes again. "No it's not. I literally hate you. I hope you break your neck." I said.

"Gladly."

Suddenly I could see again. Though, not much due to the projector that was playing something. "The fuck?" I mumbled. I suddenly became aware that me wrists were tied and I couldn't even move my fingers. I looked around and saw eight figures.

"Is this a cult?" I mumbled to Wednesday who was right next to me.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" A mysterious deep voice asked. I rolled my eyes as Wednesday and I shared a look, immediately knowing who it was and an idea of who the others were. "You can take the mask off, Bianca." I said with a bored tone.

The figures pulled their hoods down and took off their masks. My eyes landed on a few sirens and Enids friend Yoko. I glared at Ajax who was on Wednesday's side and looked over and saw Xavier was on my side. I gave him a look, full of curiosity before I realized that he had definitely heard me admit I like him. Bianca turned off the projector and looked at us.

"Wait, I preferred you with it on." Wednesday said. I stifled a laugh as I began wiggling my wrists.

"How did you two get down here?" Xavier asked. Wednesday looked at him. "Rowan showed me." She responded.

Kent, one of the sirens looked at me. "You mean both of you?" He asked. I shook my head. "No just Wednesday. I was bored and had time to kill so I came with her." I shrugged.

They all looked at us.

"Left pocket." Wednesday said as she looked down. Xavier walked over to her and pulled that same picture out of her pocket.

I looked up at him as he looked down at the picture in his hands. "I tracked the watermark back to the Poe statue. Thursday just came along for fun." She said. I shrugged in agreement and glared at her. "Stop calling me that." I hissed at her through gritted teeth.

"Then I solved the riddle." Wednesday ignored me. Kent looked at them all confused. "Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice." He said. I snorted as the others sent him a look. "Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" I asked him sarcastically as I focused on my hands.

I pictured a small flame engulfing them and freeing me of these ropes. I could faintly see the light behind me as I felt my hands catching on fire and burning the ropes off. I held my hands in front of me and moved them.