★Lost in the woods★

Mugman and Cuphead were in the city, exploring every building and street. In search of the Yellow Ghost Chalice. Mugman had gone away to rest. Even yet, Cuphead set off on his quest to find the chalice without him. He hoped he could still see her.

"Chalice?? CHALICE?? hello?"

Every time he had the chance, Cuphead would shout. However, he received odd looks from individuals. Either they were aware of the chalice and knew she had recently died. Or they didn't know who she was. He continued shouting in the hopes that Chalice could hear him despite everyone staring at him.

"UGH- Damn it! where did she go??"

As he kicked a can, Cuphead moaned. His steps carried him into the park at the edge of the city. The only thing he could see was a dusty road that was dug in since so many people were walking this way. Trees and shrubs were everywhere he looked. When Cuphead came upon a bench, he chose to take a short break

"hh,hhhhhhhhh.hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhUGHH"

As he sat back down on the bench, Cuphead began to groan. He thought he glimpsed a ghostly figure out of the corner of his eye just then.

"h-huh? hello?"

After rapidly sitting up, Cuphead turned to where he thought he had seen it. Then he got to his feet and started to move in the direction of the figure. When he arrived, nothing was there. So he began to enter the park more. The trail had vanished by this point, and he was far from the city. The sun began to set and Cuphead grew chilly from the breeze. He suddenly swears he spotted a figure moving about. He approached and then stopped in shock.

"c-cCHalice!?"

As he gazed at her, Cuphead rubbed his eyes. She was definitely not a ghost. She appeared lively. Chalice appeared lost as she sat down close to a tiny tree. She had spent hours wandering the woods looking for a place or anyone. Although she appeared thrilled and startled when she spotted Cuphead.

"Cuphead? h-how did you find me?"

Chalice quickly stood up as she ran over towards Cuphead.

"I'm- not sure! though me and Mugsy have been looking everywhere for you!"

Cuphead responded, happy he was able to find Chalice. Though once again he realized that.. she looked very much alive.

"and your- alive?"

Cuphead continued to speak. looking at chalice once again with a shocked expression. Chalice just let out a small laugh and shrugged it off.

"Long story- I'm still dead I can just-"

Chalice began to speak as she went back into her ghost form. Cupheads jaw dropped. Then he rubbed his eyes again. He couldn't believe what he was seeing!

"that's so cool!? what??"

Cuphead shouted as he jumped a little in excitement. Chalice gave Cuphead a smirk as she went back to her living form.

"alright! well lets get out of this- place!"

Chalice spoke in a happy tone. Thinking That Cuphead knew the way out.. Cuphead grabbed his hands together and made a "tttstttt" sound..

"i-uh- don't know they way i came exactly...."

Cuphead said flitching his teeth. knowing Chalice wouldn't be happy to hear that.. In fact she wasn't she just face palmed her self and sat down hard on the ground.

"oh.. Dang! that's such a stick in are ass!"

stated Chalice. She had lost all of her enthusiasm. As he sat next to the chalice, Cuphead sighed. He remained silent, though. He was careful not to say anything that would aggravate Chalice further. He turned to look at the sky. He questioned whether Mugman knew he hadn't returned. At that very moment, Cuphead feels a light weight fall upon his shoulder. When he turned around, chalice's head was resting on his shoulder. She was dozing off. Cuphead sighed.

"great.."

Cuphead groaned. He resisted the urge to push her away. He therefore tried to ignore it. He could not be so angry. He had spent the day searching for the chalice. He's happy to have found her. But he would prefer be at home than outside. However, when Cuphead looks up at the sky, he feels his eyelids close once more. His mind was empty. right as he was about to sleep he heard..

"ugHHh"

Chalice shifted away from Cuphead's shoulder and plopped down on the floor. It turned out that she wasn't sleeping after all. her arms were crossed and she was gazing upward like Cuphead. Cuphead lost interest in falling asleep. He turned to face the chalice and noticed her saddened expression.

".....so"

Cuphead slipped the word out of his mouth. not knowing what to say. Chalice sat up and sighed once more.

"I say we get up and get are self's outta here! I'm getting attacked by bugs... euk.. bugs..."

Chalice said swiping away a fly.. Cuphead stood up brushing his knees off as he stretched.

"I aint to worried bout it...., as long as we went the way I.. think. i came we should be fine....ill figure it out...!"

Cuphead said as he shrugged. Chalice nodded as she began to also stand up.

"alright, lets hope you know what your doin.."

Chalice said fixing her skirt. Cuphead gave her a thumbs up before walking the way he thought he came.... Chalice followed right behind him. Cuphead looked around trying to recognize anything he saw walking here. yet it was to dark to tell where anything was.