★Haunted soul★

Cuphead and Chalice were sprinting straight for the fair. They both came to a stop right by the entrance and gaped in amazement. The carnival was well-lit, and the aroma of popcorn and cotton candy permeated the atmosphere. Chalice was almost able to taste it.

"This place looks incredible!"

Cuphead yelled before sprinting in front of Chalice and entering. He was closely followed by Chalice. The excitement of both cups filled the air. The two cups furthermore went to get cotton candy and popcorn! Even a bear for Cuphead was won by Chalice. Everything was going well.

The two cups were sitting on the ground next to a path as they enjoyed their chili dogs.

"Man! I haven't had this much fun since.. Well forever!"

Chalice began to say as she took another bite from her chili dog. Cuphead agreed by nodding. As he finished his last bite.

"I don't need to eat for ages!"

Burping in response, Cuphead replied. While still eating hers, Chalice simply laughed. The two cups were left to gaze at the stars as it grew darker. She noticed herself moving a bit closer to Cuphead. As a gust of fresh air rose above her. Just then Cuphead turned his head to notice something strange.

"Hey look over there!"

As he moved away from Chalice, Cuphead murmured. When Cuphead scooted away, Chalice felt a wave of sadness wash over her. But she dismissed it when she saw something that resembled a haunted house. It was massive as the front of it had the devil looming over it. A chill ran down Chalice's spine. making her recall the deal she made a few weeks ago. Then Cuphead got up.

"Come on, let's check it out!'

Cuphead said as he started to walk over to the haunted place. Chalice followed. The entrance began to glow as they drew nearer. Chalice stopped as Cuphead was about to enter.

"It's getting late, we should head back..?"

Chalice said not trying to sound scared. Cuphead looked behind him to face Chalice. Confusion filled his head.

"You're not scared are you?"

With a tone of slight amusement, Cuphead replied. In immediate defense, Chalice shook her head.

'What! Of course I'm not!"

Chalice yelled. Cuphead then continued to walk in.

"Then come on! We can head back home soon as we exit"

While Cuphead spoke, Chalice sighed. Following the interior cup. It was pitch black. Nearly nothing occurred. Chalice stopped and leaned up against the wall as she suddenly felt exhausted. Then she noticed a sign. It was going to be difficult to read in the dark.

"S-seal...so- soul?"

While Cuphead continued to walk and was not paying attention, Chalice was attempting to read the sign. When Chalice realized she had a lighter in her pocket, she lit it and read the sign. A gasp came from her mouth. She noticed Cuphead had vanished completely when she turned her head. As soon as she heard a scream, panic swept over her.

"C-Cuphead!??

They shouldn't have come here, Chalice knew. It served as a trap for people to fall into and have their souls stolen! She then saw Cuphead as one of the terrifying robots there started to rip his soul from his body. As soon as She saw the cup, Chalice rushed over and reached for his soul, shoving it back into his body. After exhaling heavily, Cuphead screamed.

"R-RUN!!"

Things continued to block their path, the robot's limbs followed them, and Chalice tripped over an arm. The door was shut when the two arrived at the other end, where they entered. The two started pounding on the door. The atmosphere was tense.