III - Caroline

(The picture above is Caroline. And I know it's Chloe Moretz)

Jack parked in front of the nearest airport and looked at his worried and confused daughter, "Caroline, I've booked you a flight to New York on United Airlines, and it's going to be leaving in thirty minutes. I'm sure you can remember what we did on our trip to San Francisco." Caroline only nodded and grabbed her backpack from the backseat, then looked at her father "I'll miss you, Dad." She said sadly, "I'll miss you, too, Caroline," Jack kissed her forehead and watched his only child walk inside the airport and to the front desk, then he sadly drove away while Caroline put her bag on the luggage check. "Is it okay if I check your bag, ma'am?" The woman asked "Sure," she dug through the backpack and took out Caroline's laptop and pocket knife, "Sorry, miss..." Caroline trailed off, but the woman sighed and looked at her in a motherly way. "It's fine, dear. It's not that big of a deal. It's just a pocket knife," She looked around to make sure nobody was listening and whispered, "Look, since I'm heading home soon and I'm tired, I'll let you pass. But don't let anyone know." She winked at her and handed her the pocket knife that was now in a clear plastic baggie. Caroline smiled and took it from the woman as she was given her backpack and walked aboard the plane after she showed a woman her passport and wrote down her seat number. "E-16," Caroline mumbled and found her seat that was a window seat "Yes!" She said to herself—hoping nobody heard her and was giving her weird looks behind her back. Taking her seat, she took out her favorite book: Misery, by Stephen King, and she began reading. Before she knew it, Caroline had fallen asleep.

A few hours later, she was awoken by a flight attendant "Miss, we're in New York, now," she reminded her kindly. "What time is it?" A groggy Caroline asked, "8 AM, miss. We have literally just landed." Caroline sat up and got her backpack out of the baggage compact that was above her seat and walked into the airport. She saw a boy with curly brown hair that was partly covered with a large beanie and he was wearing jeans, tennis shoes, and an orange T-shirt that read: Camp Half Blood in black Greek-like writing, and a Pegasus flying above it. "Are you Caroline Thompson?" He asked "Yes," she nodded, "Good. I'm Grover Underwood, and I'll be taking you to a safe place." Safe place? Caroline thought. "What 'safe place'?" Grover grinned, "You'll see soon enough. Now come on, let's go before this place gets full,"