XVI - Caroline

Sitting on the leather couch in the Big House, Caroline was feeling nervous about what Chiron was about to tell her. "Caroline, I have Iris messaged your father, and told him everything and that you're okay. I've also told Argus to take you the airport that's going to Sonoma Valley, California tonight. Your cabin mates packed you the things you might need." Chiron handed her a duffle bag, and she saw that there were several weapons and a spray-able bottle of clear liquid that had the words "Mist: Has made the mystical look normal for centuries!" on the front. "But what if it runs out?" She asked "I promise it won't. Dionysus has made it magical—so after you spray it, it refills itself in seconds." "But, what will I use it on?" Chiron chuckled, "Your tattoo, so mortals won't see it." Then he took out a black leather cord that had a black bead with a green trident on it. "It's for your first year at Camp Half Blood," He put it on her neck and tied it in the back "Thanks, Chiron," she smiled and picked up her duffle bag and was lead out to the vans by Argus after she said goodbye to her cabin mates, where Annabeth gave Caroline her bronze dagger as a parting gift. "I know you'll need it more than I do," She said with sadness in her tone as she hugged her best friend, "Iris message me whenever you can, got it?" Caroline nodded and left the cabin. As she sat in the back of the van, looking at her gift, she asked Argus, "So, where am I going?" Argus only waved his hand as a I'm not sure, and then shrugged. The van stopped, and Caroline saw the Long Island MacArthur Airport. Sighing, Caroline grabbed her stuff and got out, waving goodbye to Argus, who gave her a thumbs up as she walked inside the airport. Sitting in one of the seats after her bag was checked (and no one had seen past the mist that was on her weapons), a mailman with peppery brown hair and elf-sh features sat next to her, and she recognized him to be Hermes. "Hermes?" She asked in a whisper, "Yep. And I heard you're a child of Minerva," he grinned "Yeah. But all she's given me was a new gladius after my other one broke during a battle." Caroline sighed and Hermes patted her back, "Hey, at least she payed attention to you, and you didn't hold a grudge against her," Hermes seemed sad, like someone held a grudge against him. "Anyway," He chirped up instantly. "I hope you do good in Sonoma Valley," he winked, and Caroline boarded the plane after waving at Hermes.

The flight to Sonoma Valley was long. All she was able to do was sleep after the battle with the Gorgons wore her out. Her dream was strange, however. She was in the middle of a stone mansion with large wolves around her, growling at her. You must learn how to fight well, young hero, the large silver wolf said telepathically and Caroline nodded, "Yes, Lupa. I understand," she said in a calm voice. First, you must use your abilities to fight my pack. Begin! Caroline awoke just as she was about to fight in her dream. "Miss, we're in Sonoma Valley, now." A flight attendant informed, and Caroline nodded. "Alright," She stood up and took out her bag, then walked into the airport and outside, where it was sunny. She mentally blamed Apollo for that. Caroline's eye caught the sight of a large silver wolf—the same one from her dream. She ran after it, and the wolf lead her to the same house from her dream as well. "What is this place?" She asked. The Wolf House, a voice said in her mind as the wolf walked inside, with Caroline following along. The interior was the same one she dreamed about, and it had the same wolf from before. Lupa, Caroline remembered. Welcome, young hero, Lupa praised, and her pack growled at Caroline, like she was a threat. Caroline ignored them as she automatically walked over to Lupa, kneeling down in front of her "Hello, Lupa. Opto pervenerimus," She had no idea how she said "I have arrived" in Latin if she wasn't even planning on saying it in the first place. Sic, nunc Erudiunt, Lupa said telepathically, and Caroline knew she said "Yes, now you must train." She nodded, drawing her Imperial Gold gladius from her sword belt. "When do I start?" She asked, ready for a fight.