XVII - Caroline

Fighting. That was all Caroline was doing at the Wolf House—using her new abilities as a legacy of Jupiter to scare away Lupa's pack by impaling her gladius into the stone floor, causing small bolts of lightning to emerge from the ground while her body was illuminating with electricity. Needless to say, Lupa seemed proud of her. Nice battle strategy, Legacy of Jupiter, Lupa said, you seem to be ready to conquer your way to Camp Jupiter on your own. Caroline smiled slightly, "Thank you, Lupa. I appreciate the compliment," Lupa's ears twitched, You are welcome, Caroline Thompson. Now, here are your directions to camp... Caroline listened well as the wolf goddess gave her the directions to camp, remembering each detail. And remember: in order to make it on your own, you must conquer or die. Understand? Caroline nodded as she sheathed her gladius into her sword belt and grabbed her duffle bag, then made her way out into the night.

With the use of her flashlight her cabin mates had given her, she made her way down the empty streets of town, but then she heard the sound of a boy struggling, and she rushed to his aid with her gladius in hand. Running over, she saw a tall, blonde haired boy wearing a purple T-shirt while holding the same weapon she was—an Imperial Gold gladius. "I said: STAY BACK!" He yelled, and she finally noticed that he was fighting against a Manticore, and was loosing. "Hey!" Caroline yelled, getting its attention as she ran over, then slashed her sword into the monster's stomach, causing it to roar out in pain. "You want some more, scorpion freak?!" Caroline prepared herself for another attack, gripping her weapon tightly as the Manticore tried to trip her with its scorpion tail, only for her to jump over it like it was a jump rope. Before the beast could attack her again, she held her gladius high in the air, and her body illuminated with electricity again as the Manticore was electrocuted to death by a huge lightning bolt that came from the sky. The boy she saved stood there in shock, and Caroline saw that his purple shirt had the words S.P.Q.R written in gold and she looked at her arm, which her tattoo was now fully visible—eagle and everything. "What's your name?" The boy asked "You go first," she ordered, and the boy smiled slightly "Jason Grace, Son of Jupiter." He held his hand out for her to shake, which she did. "Caroline Thompson, Daughter of Minerva and Legacy of Jupiter." Jason's eyes widened "D—did you just say, 'a daughter of Minerva'?" He asked, and Caroline shrugged. "So? What's the issue?" Jason quickly grabbed her wrist and ran towards a service tunnel near the main Caldecott Tunnel, then pulled her inside, where she saw two people wearing armor and standing in front of a camp. "Hazel, Frank—we have a problem!" Jason said, letting Caroline's wrist go as he was let inside by the two. "What about her?" The girl asked "She's fine. But pat her down just to be safe." The girl—who Caroline guessed was Hazel, nodded and began patting Caroline's body like a TSA inspection. "She's good," Caroline was let inside, where she saw a large, dirt covered field, some dorms, temples, an Aqueduct, and a creek that surrounded the entire area. It was beautiful. Caroline immediately knew she belonged here, at this camp.