𝙾𝙽𝙴 |

• 7:00am — Monday morning

Predator meets Prey

Click, Click, Click.

Those were the sounds my red bottoms made as they made contact with the cold floor of the building — I exited the elevator and made an appearance out into the main sector of the building that I was the owner of.

Lorvae — a fashion industry company that produced sensual business attire down to suits, dresses, more clothing apparel, accessories, and even footwear for both men and women.

Making them feel comfortable and confident in their bodies.

Let's be clear, I developed this company on my own. With the help of no one. The typical stereotype of successful entrepreneurs that are women to be more specific has this label put on them, "daddy's girl" or "daddy's money" should I say.

To be quite frank, I don't even know who my father is let alone if he's alive or dead.

Men and women that worked for me avoided my gaze as I walked through the halls of the company.

"Good morning, Ms. Steele."

Each of them voiced and spoke while taking a bow, as I walked past every single one of them.

My sophisticated taste in fashion is what made me seem more intimidating. I walked into my office, closed the double doors behind me, and took a seat in my desk chair.

There was a faint knock on one of the doors, but I didn't give whoever it was my undivided attention just yet. Instead, I focused all of my attention on the desktop that was taking its place in front of me.

I crossed my long, but petite legs under my desk, my skirt rising and exposing a portion of my thighs. I let out a deep sigh as I didn't bother to adjust it.

"Come in," I said simply as I finally spoke. A short brunette walked through the door with her head down and a clipboard in her hands along with a cup of coffee which I figured was for me since it was my personal assistant, Delaney.

"I apologize for the interruption Ms. Steele, but your first appointment is here," Delaney said as she placed the cup of coffee on my desk in front of me. "His name is Hunter Nolan and he's here for the assistant editor opening that we currently have available." She said as she adjusted her glasses on the bridge of her nose.