𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 | *

• 2 weeks later — a month and 2 days have gone by

Complications & Family Events

2 weeks has passed, and Hunter and I have been spending more time together. It basically obvious to everyone in the office that we were an item, but we didn't have a label for it ourselves. It was just sex, nothing more. We didn't have the courage to talk to each other about the boyfriend and girlfriend title because of what happened with our last discussion.

If I'm being honest, he was changing me, and I didn't want to lose him again. I did feel guilty sometimes when it came to our particular arrangement, but I didn't tell him that.

"What are you thinking about?" Hunter questioned me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"You." I said as I looked at him with a slight grin on my face.

We were having lunch together and a small cafe that was right around the corner from the office.

"You're not getting soft on me, are you?" He questioned me as he looked at me with a raised brow.

I guess you could say I was changing Hunter as well, he was more confident, and more comfortable around me. For the past 2 weeks he's even been exploring more of his dominance within himself. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. Another man would never be able to get me to submit to them since I liked being in control of myself and others, but when it came to Hunter something about him made me want to submit myself to him.

"Trust me, I'm not." I said as I looked at him and brushed my hair behind my ear.

"I wouldn't complain if you were then at least I would know that you have real feelings and not just emotionless." He said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Excuse me, I do have real feelings and emotions I just don't display them." I said as I looked at him.

"We've been whatever this is for a month now and I know everything, also nothing about you at the same time." He said as he looked at me, taking a sip of his coffee the steam fogging up his glasses. "I know more about your work life than your personal life." He said as he placed the coffee cup back down.

Has it really been a month?

"You've never asked." I said as I looked at him, placing my spoon down inside of the bowl, and wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"When are you going to let me meet your parents?" He questioned me with furrowed brows, reading my facial expression, and waiting for my reaction.

"That can't be arranged." I said simply as I place the napkin back on the table, looking at him with a blank expression.

He didn't say a word instead he shook his head, picking up his coffee cup, and taking another sip of his coffee.

"You can't judge me, Hunter." I said as I looked at him with furrowed brows.

He placed his cup down and licked his lips.

"I'm not judging you, Eden." He said as he took off his glasses and wiped them clean with a napkin and placing them back onto his face. "How are we going to make this work if we can't even compromise with each other?" He questioned me as he looked at me.

"Why are you saying this like we're a —" I said before Hunter cut me off mid-sentence out of frustration.

"I know we're not a couple Eden, we just fuck each other whenever you feel like it." He said as he scoffed, put emphasis on the word "you". "You remind me constantly trust me I will never forget." He said as he continued to look at me.

There it was again, that guilty feeling. I didn't know what to say to him instead I sat there in silence with parted lips.

Hunter let out a deep sigh before he spoke again.

"I requested time off for the weekend, I'm visiting my family." He said as he maintained eye contact with me, changing the subject. "My sister is getting married on Sunday." He said as he picked up a piece of his sandwich, taking a bite out of it.

"I didn't know you had a sister." I said to him after I finally gathered the courage to speak again. I picked up my spoon and resumed eating my soup.

It was finally December and Winter was finally here. The ground was covered in snow and the temperature was dropping even lower. Christmas decorations were being put out throughout the city of Seattle and it was only the beginning of the month.

"You never asked, but since you're interested, yes, I have a sister and she's 2 years older than me." He said after he finished chewing.

Hunter was 23 so that would make his sister 25.

"She wanted me to bring someone along, but I didn't bother to ask you since it is the holiday season and you're probably going to be busy with work and potential clients." He said as he looked at me.

I wanted to accept that invitation, but was I ready to take that step, and meet Hunter's family?

Sex was one thing, but meeting his family was another thing.

"I'll definitely be busy with work." I said as I sighed, clearing my throat, and taking a sip of my water. "But I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back." I said as I placed the glass down on the table, looking at him, and reading his expression.

Our situation was already complicated, and I didn't want to complicate it any further by accepting his invitation to go with him to meet his family.

I feel like that was something couples did in the beginning of their relationship and Hunter, and I weren't a couple.

"Don't worry about it." He said as he continued to eat. "They're used to me coming back home alone anyway." He said as he wiped his mouth before taking another sip of his coffee.

We sat in silence for the remainder of our lunch together in the cafe.

I didn't know what I wanted with Hunter, but I was really hoping that he wasn't developing some type of feelings for me.

Another short chapter, but don't worry I have some drama coming in the next one ;)