I just threw out the love of my dreams

(Luigi) To understand what I was going through that night, I think I have to go back a little bit. Daisy and Birdette were at my window. They were giving me the same updates as before, not giving me a chance to speak. There was a knock on my door.

"Luigi, are you in there?"

Daisy immediately stopped talking. She gave me a look. A look that could melt diamonds.

"Uh, give me a second!" I called over to him.

I closed the window as quick as I could. Daisy looked like she was about to murder me. I ran over to the door and talked to Bowser. Luckily, Daisy and Birdette had dropped out of sight before I talked to him.

After I closed the door, I slumped on the floor. I had just gotten caught for maybe having a rendezvous with the enemy. I also almost got caught talking to Daisy and Birdette by the enemy which could maybe screw up the plan? I wasn't really listening.

But then I heard it.

"Princess Daisy has been caught sneaking around with Birdo."

Fudge. That was the last thing I needed to hear. They couldn't have gotten far, so they might have right outside my window. I was so screwed. Forget about the plan, I needed to save my relationship! And my skin. My skin was probably more important.

What could I use as a shield if he tried, you know, make me not alive? I didn't wanna die, I'm only 29! I have a husband! Then again, the husband is the one who might murder me! I was a freaking blubbering mess.

I clutched my knees to my chest and leaned against the door. I wanted to dissappear. I clenched my eyes shut, either trying to escape or to block out tears. I was so conflicted. The good guys had my brother, and the bad guys had hot lizard dad who wanted to maybe kill me!

I remembered Mario, how he always told me to calm down. He'd tell me to breath. In, one, two, three. Out, one, two, three. I was always a scaredy cat. A coward.

If Mario was here, he would tell me, "Luigi, you are being so a-brave right now. We need to kick-a Bowser in the face so Princess-a Peach will be proud!"

He would be right. But I didn't want to kick Bowser in the face. What I did want to do was lock myself in my room. Unfortunately for me, the door didn't lock from the inside. I did have a wardrobe, though.

I hauled my dresser across the room, blocking the door. My eyes were puffy from crying. After I was done with that, I laid down on my bed and hugged my pillow. I cried myself to sleep, because I was scared as Frick.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I woke up from a knock on the door. "Come in." I mumbled.

The door opened. "Luigi, why is there a wardrobe in front of the door?"

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I forgot about that." I stumbled out of bed. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's alright, I'm just a little confused." Bowser said.

It was a lot harder to move the dresser out of the way then moving it there. "Do you need some help?" Bowser asked.

"Yes please." I said.

"Alright then, step back from the door."

I did as he asked. He pushed the dresser to the floor. I don't what I expected but it wasn't that!  He squeezed through the door. He seemed much taller then he was the other day, or maybe it was just my nerves.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I think so... my heart's in my ears but I think I'm fine."

He sighed. "Luigi, do you want to go home? Home to your brother?"

"What? Go back to Mario?"

"Yes, I think it's time you go back to him."

I hadn't realized it earlier, but I was against the wall of my room. He stayed close to the door, as if not to scare me. "Do you mean you want me to leave? I mean, I don't want to be a burden but, it's just, I thought you wanted me to stay?"

"I do but, it might be nice to see your brother." He took a timid step towards me and reached out his hand. "I can't come with, but, I could walk you out?"

I didn't want to go back to Mario. Not right then, at least. Sure, Bowser scared me, but, he also loved me a lot, and, I hated to admit it, I felt the same way about him. I took a step towards him and grabbed his hand. He tried his best to be gentle as he scooped me up into a warm embrace. Yes, I was right, he was bigger then before.

He walked farther than either of us expected. We were in a small clearing in the woods, I assume near the Mushroom Kingdom. He put me down on the soft grass. "Well, this is the end of the road for me. Peach's castle is just south of here. Mario will probably be there. I'll see you some time." He said, avoiding eye contact with me.

I stood up. "I hope it'll be sooner then you expect, Bowser boy." He chuckled, though it was more of a nervous laugh, because it looked like he was about to cry. I ran over and hugged him. He paused for a moment before hugging back. "I don't want to leave you." I whispered.

I heard his heart beat faster. "Mario will miss you, though."

"Mario hasn't come to rescue me yet, and I've been here almost a week." Warm tears dripped down my face. "So he obviously doesn't."

"Oh my."

"I know you'll miss me more than he ever did." I said. He hugged me a little tighter. Not tight enough to break my bones, but enough to make me feel safe. I looked up at him. He was crying too. "Why don't we go back home?"

"That would be for the best." He grabbed my small body in his hands. "I love you."

"I love you too, Bowser boy."