Anyone who knows what love is

(Mario) I leaned my ear against the door to the Koopalings shared living space.

"Why do you think dad hasn't come back yet?" A small voice asked.

"I don't know, how am I supposed to know? He's probably kidnapping a princess or something!" A deeper voice said.

"That wouldn't make for a very romantic honeymoon." A more feminine voice said.

"What if he's kidnapping Papa?"

"Uh, no. Hate to admit it, but dad doesn't have any upper body strength."

"Well at least it's more romantic than kidnapping a princess."

Luigi kidnapping Bowser? What, did they think he was some super brave guy? No, he wasn't! Well, maybe he was braver than I thought, but he still wasn't 'let me go kidnap Bowser,' brave. I don't think anyone except me would be that stupid. I slowly opened the door. It was the three koopas in there. A small one that looked a lot like Bowser, a pink one with sunglasses, and another pink one with a bow.

"Dad? Papa?" The small one said.

"No, it's Uncle Mario." Sunglasses said. "What do you want?" He said, turning to me.

I was caught off guard being called Uncle Mario. Either these kids were idiots or Luigi was a father to them. I was hoping for the first one. "Uh, well, uh, I'm here for my brother. Your dad ran off with him earlier today."

"Are they coming home soon?" The small one asked.

"Uh, I don't think so? That's why I came here. We've searched all over the Mushroom Kingdom, but no sign of them. I hoped you would know where they went."

The one with the bow looked to the other two. "We have no clue."

Shoot. That means they must've gone to another kingdom, and that was bad. That was a lot of ground to cover. Plus, Bowser might not be willing to let Luigi go! What if he wanted a trade, the Princess for Luigi? What would I do without him?

"Hey, Uncle Mario?" The small one said, tugging on my pant leg. "Dad said something about Daisy."

"Like, Princess Daisy?" I said, starting to get hopeful.

He nodded. "He said about going to visit her."

"Yes! Thank you so much, little buddy!" I said.

"Alright, now you gotta do something for us!" Sunglasses said.

"But I'm finding your father, isn't that enough?"

"No. How bout this, you take us with you? We won't cause too much trouble." He said with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Just the three of you? You know what, Fine."

He shook his head. "All eight of us."

Of course it couldn't be that easy.

(Luigi) I had never been part of "girl talk" before, but it sounded cool! I mean, what sort of secret knowledge did girls have? Did, did I pass as a girl? Did Daisy think I was a girl? This was so exciting! I got to be part of girl talk! Achievement unlocked!

"Has he hurt you in any way?"

"What?"

"Has he hurt you? Are you alright?"

"I thought we were going to talk about girl stuff!"

"That was an excuse to get Bowser out of the room. Are you alright?"

That knocked my self confidence down a bit. "Yeah, I'm fine, I guess."

"Has he hurt you?"

"What? No, he hasn't hurt me."

"If we climb out the balcony, we can get outta here before he knows a thing."

"You think I-I'm trying to trick him?"

"You're not?"

"No! He's sweet and a sucker for his family! He's a sucker for me."

"He's Bowser! If it was any other Frank, Bob, or Jane, I'd get it! But Bowser?"

"Please, just listen to me! I've been trying to tell you since you forced me to dress up as Peach! He figured out the day of our wedding, but you never listened! I can't follow a plan you don't tell me about. So, tell me, what if you were in a new world, your brother hasn't come to save you, the only person trying to save you can't tell you a thing that's going on, but there's this really cute guy who makes you feel wanted for the first time in your life. He makes you feel special and unique, like you aren't some player two, some mistake, some freak of nature!" I cried. "Well, excuse me, Princess, that I chose the guy who makes me feel needed."

I walked out of the room, ending our "girl talk". I felt betrayed! Daisy felt like one of my only friends here, and yet she was bashing my boyfriend! I was making more enemies than friends. Was I wrong about Bowser? Bowser loved me, but, what if I was making a mistake? What if he tried to take over a kingdom? Would I go along with it?

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Tatanga showed us to where we would be staying. A couch, TV, fridge, and microwave was all the room had. Bowser stayed in the castle while I sat on the steps and thought. I thought about everything I had gone through in the past three weeks. Just then a little star thing came up to me.

"Hey, can you give this to Daisy?" They said, holding a letter in their hand.

"Why?"

"Because, you seem like you would be friends with her." They said as they stared at me.

"Why can't you deliver it yourself?"

"I'm on a tight schedule!" They threw the letter at me. "Make sure it gets to her!" They called as they flew away.

I looked down at the letter. In cursive it had Daisy's name. It also had a wax seal. Very fancy. I put the letter in my pocket and continued thinking. As darkness began to creep over the horizon, I went back inside.

Bowser was lying on the couch, the TV on. He was asleep. I went over to the TV and turned it off. I was about to give Bowser a kiss when he grabbed me.

"You're not getting away from me that easily!" He said as he gave me a kiss on the head. I couldn't get away from him.

"Hey, I thought you would ask!" I said as I tried to wiggle free.

"May I hold my wonderful husband?"

"You may but I need room to breath!"

He loosened his grip on me. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. You just can't scare me like that, though! I thought you were asleep!"

"Well, I wasn't." He gave me a another kiss. "What was your 'girl talk' like? You never did tell me."

"Oh, that." I didn't want to tell him about what she had assumed. "Me and Daisy got in a bit of a fight."

"What about?"

"I don't remember." I fibbed. "She was just being very pushy. I don't really want to stay here anymore."

"Well, that sucks."

"Yeah."

We sat in silence for a minute or two. "So, when do you wanna leave?"

"What?"

"When do wanna get outta here?"

That wasn't something I expected. We wouldn't have anywhere to go if we left. But I didn't want to stay with someone who hated my partner. So I said, "Right now."

(A/N, Alright, three more chapters after this. Gonna try to bust these out before the 22nd, but I might not. Hope you're ready for the final ark!)