Bruno is orange

(Luigi) What to say about that morning? I can barely put it into words. It was simply magical. It was also dreadful.

When I woke up, I saw a note on my bedside table saying to dress fancy then go downstairs. I couldn't wear the blue overalls I had been wearing for the past couple days. The only other outfit I had was Princess Peach's dress. Well, I couldn't wear the heels again so I wore the dress and my work boots.

I walked down the stairs. Bowser was waiting for me with flowers. He was wearing a tuxedo. When he saw me, I swear he almost fainted! He came over to me and grabbed my hand.

"You look beautiful! I mean, handsome! Something!"

I chuckled. "It's alright, I'm fine with beautiful. Thank you. You look quite handsome as well!"

He blushed. "Thank you."

He gave me the bouquet. For some reason they smelled like a fireplace, even though they were as vibrant as ever. We walked through the Koopa Kingdom, talking about our lives. He was an only child to a single dad. He wanted a mom for his kids, so that they wouldn't be lonely like he was.

"Well, I can't be a mom, but maybe I could be a second dad?"

He looked at his feet. "That would be nice."

I smiled at him. He blushed. "Your kids have already gotten used to it! Just call me Dad Luigi!"

The warmth in his cheeks drained. "What about Mario?"

"Who needs him, I say! I have my own family now! I don't need him."

"What will happen if he comes to get you?"

"Bowser, you are the best husband in the entire world. You'll protect us. And, I have to say, I'm not completely useless, myself."

We came to a little beach. We sat near the water. He wrapped his arms around me. I snuggled in closer to him. He was, purring? That was unexpected. I stood up. He was so big that me standing up next to him sitting down lead to us being about the same height. I stood on my tiptoes and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

He hugged me tight. He was freaking out again. I knew what he was going through, just I wasn't the size of a large car. It was very nice to feel needed. Just then he let go of me.

He bent down so he would be on my level. He pulled a very small box from his suit pocket. "Luigi, I'm not good with words, but, I think it speaks for it's self."

He opened the box. Inside was a ring, perfectly sized for my finger. My vision blurred. I was crying. He grabbed my hand. "Don't cry!"

"This is so nice! Thank you so much!" I said, grabbing the ring. "Does this mean we're married?"

"Yes!" He said, scooping me into a hug. He kissed my forehead. I rested my chin on his shoulder.

I saw a figure from the distance. I wiped the tears from my eyes. It was a human and it was wearing red. "Bowser, I think you need to turn around." I whispered.

He looked over his shoulder into the distance. He turned around. "Mario."

"What are we going to do?"

"I'll handle it."

Mario was on the other side of the beach. "Bowser! Let-a go of my brother at once!"

I shifted in his arms. "Listen, Mario, green bean here is my husband."

"You mean your-- wait, did you say husband?"

"Yeah, just sealed the deal, like, two seconds ago."

"Don't make this weird!" I mouthed to Mario.