| " guardian "

Scaramouche PoV :

The three people who have been staying with me for the past couple of days had just been discharged, so it was only me here. Back then i would've been happy, but now that i realized it. I quite enjoyed their company , even tho we never really interacted much. The councillor has been visiting me about 4 times a week. He's the only person i could trust right now.

" I wont leave you, Kay? "

Those were the councillors exact words — its a shame i believed him.
Cause there he was, delivering the news to me.

" Someone has agreed to be your guardian! Isn't that great? " I looked at him in disbelief . He looked at me confused, How was he so wise yet so.. clueless? " no. It's not great. " I told him, he looked even more confused. " But why not? " he asked me so cluelessly.

" Because you said. You said that you wont be leaving me. "

I said it to him. I said that to all of them. But...

" .. My business here is done. We have no reason to communicate with each other. That was the plan all along. I get you talk to me, thats it. A reward, was all i wanted to get. Goodbye, Scaramouche. " He dropped that bomb onto me the moment he left.

Like always , they left.

Like a child , I— i... i cried. I cried that this kept happening over and over again. And every time I keep falling for it. I blamed everyone around me like a child but deep down. I knew he wasn't going to stay forever.

And on that night, i just stared at the ceiling. Waiting till the sun rose and my new " guardian " was gonna come pick me up.

( next day )

The nurse came in , " He's here. " I just nod , I was helped to get changed, they combed my hair, helped me get onto my wheelchair, and then sent me away.

I was getting pushed by another nurse who was directing me outside where my guardian was supposed to be. She was rolling me towards a blonde hair guy with big wings and somewhat of a weird fashion style.

He signed some papers and we got on our merry way. He of course helped me into his car and had my wheel chair taken to the trunk.

During the ride i wanted to ask a question I've been dying to know.

" Why'd you take me in? "

I asked out of the blue. " Heh, well.. you intrigued me uhh... " " Scaramouche "

" Well , Scara. I took you in since you intrigued me. " he told me , i noticed the nickname —But i wasn't as mad when other people said it to me. I guess it depends on who's call me that i guess.

" What intrigued you about me? I don't recall us meeting as-well. " He chuckled at my statement. " What's so funny? " I asked him genuinely curious. " I was the one who saved you during a villain fight. "

( oh, that makes sense i guess )

" Oh- but wait. Wouldnt that have made you a hero then? " I asked him " Number 2 at that, didn't you recognize me? " ( No actually , i couldn't. ) " Wouldn't i be a hinderance to you then? And you'd have to help me get dressed, etc. " He looked more confused than i was . " What do you mean? Of course not! Plus , its only temporary right? " he sounded so sure of himself. So laidback even tho a million things could go wrong. I felt, comfortable around him as-well.

( oh no. Im getting to attached again. Aren't i..? )

—Trust Issues never go away, but don't trust me.

: Edited ✔️ | 12.23.2022