| " guilt and emotions

Scaramouche PoV :

I stand on the field , still awaiting for a teacher to come on and fight me. I kept my monotone expression despite being quite contrary on how i really feel at the moment. Smoke suddenly appears, blocking my view of the other side. I wait for the smoke to clear up only to see..

( huh. )

( Isn't that the R-rated hero midnight? Why she at a Highschool.. ) I thought confused. She slams her whip onto the concrete ground. " I will be your opponent! Scara! " She shouted. ( ... ) my face went from monotone to shock. ( WHAT. SERIOUSLY?? ) I thought in seriousness. ( Why did it have to be her.. she's a total weirdo.. ) I thought once again looking back at a memory where hawks and I had to patrol with her that once time. I sigh, " Yeah, yeah. Let's just get this over with. " I said , sounding to calm and board to be going up a pro hero.

( Monitor room )

" Aww! Lucky he gets to fight her! " Mineta said drooling while looking at the screen with lovey dovey eyes. The rest of the class ignores that ridiculous statement and watches the screen intently.

( Field )

" ON MY MARK, YOU WILL FIGHT EACH OTHER UNTIL ONE LOSES. " All might announces through the speaker. " 3...2....1- GO! "

Not one of us moves from each of our spots. " Say Scara. " She shouts. " Please dont call me that. " I respond in an annoyed tone. " You dont really know my quirk huh!!? " She says truthfully. I was confused, what could be her quirk that made her so confident. " Actually I do. " i respond back lying, hoping she would tell me. " oh. Well i guess that makes things much harder huh? " She says with a hint of annoyance hidden in her sentence.

Pink mist starts to surround Midnight. I keep my monotone face but held my stance. " Dont get to close.. you dont wanna fall asleep mid battle now, do you~ " ( So thats what that mist is.. ) now that i know her quirk, this'll be much easier.

I drop my fighting stance and decide to walk to her at a normal pace. Her face shifts to confusion. I start to get closer to her mist, until eventually. Im encased in it, i stop a couple of meters away from her yet still enveloped by her mist. Her eyes widen, but quickly narrow. " What're you doing kid. " She asks almost threateningly. " Ah..i guess i didnt tell you mine aswell huh. " I said, now i was the one feeling smug. I smirked in confidence, ready to tell her the truth.

" Your mist won't work on me. " I said bluntly, she grows more confused. " And why's that? " She asked in a teasing manner clearly being in denial.  " if i can't breathe, that means i can't breathe it in. " I said, a shadow casting over my eyes making it seem like they were glowing. Her face somehow looks.. mortified. I could see her body shake ever so slightly, the way she loosens her grip on her whip, she's in shock.

" H-how.. " She says, already being able to see how this match will turn out. " You're basically quirkless, arent you midnight.?~ " I say tauntingly slowly moving closer. She gets back on her feet and has her fists out. I try to locate where the bells were, and..

( THEYRE ON HER NECK??? )

I sigh deeply, after walking closer to my satisfaction — i picked up the pace and decided to suddenly lunge forward at her. This caught her off guard.

I aim for her face, forcing her to block my fist coming at her — which also meant that she would be leaving her lower torso open. With my left foot, i kicked right at the side, making her groan in pain . My kick was also infused with a bit of my ' quirk ' making it more painful and leaves her immobilized. She had moved a few feet away from me due to the kick. I watch as she falls onto one knee while holding her side in pain. I stand infront her, looking at her pathetic face.

To add insult to the injury, i grabbed her hair aggressively — pulling her head up to leave her neck wide open. I grabbed the collar off , along with the bell. I let her hair go to show her the bell that i had gotten with villainous look on my face. I jiggle the bell tauntingly at her disappointed face.

My sadistic side was showing, and it was only a matter of time before i had noticed it. I stepped back, ashamed, scared, disgusted, a mix of many emotions had filled my empty chest. ( What have i done.. ) was the only thing i could think about.

I took a moment to look at midnight, the poor woman infront of me. ( I went to far. I.. ) I couldn't think. My mind was blank.

I snapped out of my self pity as i felt a hand on my shoulder. It was All might's. I look back in front of me to see the majority of the class trying comfort midnight. " You guys! I swear, im fine! I am a pro hero after all you know~ " She said being flirtatious.

I couldn't look her, or anyone in the eye — i felt too guilty. Tears start to form in the corner of my eyes, but they just stayed there. I promised myself never to cry again. It wouldnt do anything but make me look weak.

" Dont feel to bad about it Scara. " My eyes widen. My eyes laid onto her face, her bruised face. The only thing she did was give me a warm smile.

(  How could she not hate me? How could this person not hate me. ) Midnight might've forgiven me — but i could never forgive myself. In fact, i hate myself.

I let the goddamned tears drip down my face. Like a never ending waterfall.. I bring a hand up to cover my face, i didnt want to cry. I shouldn't have— " a-and yet.. I cried. " I said the last part out loud unknowingly. I look back at her with puffy eyes. The way she stared into me, its like she knew everything. Like she had seen it all somehow..

My classmates stared at me in pity, i never seemed like the type to cry. Yet the smallest things always somehow got to me.

" I talked with Hawks before hand. To see if i could get any intel on how to win against you, i know— i know i played dirty. But he managed to talk about you hours on end, ofcourse — i never got the intel i wanted, but i know that deep down. You're really trying to change how you acted in the past. And I'll be cheering you on for that. " This time. The tears stopped, my face was still wet— but i managed to give her a genuine smile. A silent thank you..

My, my.. what sensitive you have gotten : Balladeer.

Edited : ✔️ | 02.13.2023