Chapter 3

"Join me, Hatake! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, unlike Okkotsu I know you will flourish as we take down all the non-sorcerers!" Geto exclaimed as he reached his hand out to his student. "I refuse! I refuse to accept your offer! No way in hell will I allow you to kill my friends just for your own insane schemes!" (Y/n) yelled back, which shocked Yuta.

He did not expect her to stand up for them, especially when she is against her, now-former, teacher. "Don't do it! You can't win!!" Yuta yelled at her, but she did not listen, determined to protect her peers. "Just get out of here! Take the others and run for it!" She ordered him while sending Geto into a building. He had the difficult choice of choosing, he didn't want to underestimate her, so he stupidly left her alone.

He never forgave himself when he was the one to find her body, he was horrified. "(Y/N)!! Stay with me!! Come on! You can't die now!" He cried as he hesitated to touch her, afraid she'd crumble. Satoru was the one to push him away and hurry her off to Shoko. Maki, Toge, and Panda had little time to react when they saw their teacher carry their friend off, leaving them with unanswered questions.

"(Y/n)! Wake up! Please! Wake up!!" Satoru exclaimed as he pushed her out of bed, creating a loud thud as she landed. "...Why?" (Y/n) asked in a desperate tone, sounding completely done with life. "Why? We're going out to meet the First Years! Come on! Get up! Get up!" He ushered her, impatient as always, and ignoring her sour mood.

"You and I both know I don't have time for that meet-up. I actually have a mission today" she retorted as she slowly got off the ground. "Don't worry! I've got it covered! And, since you're already pre-dressed, we can leave sooner!" He said as he happily clapped his hands. Confused she looked down at herself, to find that she is indeed dressed in her school uniform. Then, she slowly remembered that she never changed out of it before heading to bed.

"Wait... Wasn't I in Megumi's room? Why am I in my own room?" She questioned, as she scanned the room. "Alrighty! Time to go! They're waiting for us!!" He exclaimed as he pushed her out the door, despite her not being ready for the day. "Wh- Hey! I did not agree to this!" She exclaimed as she attempted to fight him, but his cursed technique prevented her from doing so.

Her shoulders slumped, with a head full of bed hair, and only her "covid" mask covering her nose and mouth. She had the unfortunate delight of walking in public looking like a mad scientist. "Hey! Sorry, we're late! This one tried sleeping in!" Satoru greeted his two male students. "Woah, (Y/n), you look like..." Yuji trailed off, debating if he wanted to say "shit" or give her an underhanded compliment.

"It's Hatake, to you, and yes I look like shit" (Y/n) grumbled as she pouted behind her mask. "Stop being informal, you just met her yesterday" Megumi scolded Yuji, as he bonked him on the head. "Ow! Hey! That is not true! We've been friends since childhood!" Yuji exclaimed as he rubbed his aching head and glared up at the male. "Ha! As if! I was with her through childhood, thick and thin!" Megumi exclaimed as he glared back.

"I can feel the testosterone from here... Alright, you two, break it up, I'm both your childhood friend" (Y/n) attempted to calm them down. "WHAT?!" The two males exclaimed wide-eyed, the female sighed, realizing her attempt did not work. "Ah! That reminded me, you went to Sendai for a couple of years" Satoru interrupted as he pointed at her.

"So that's where you met this guy? What a small world..." Megumi mumbled to himself, not pleased by this information. "Unfortunately, yes, but we stopped contacting each other about a year ago" (Y/n) answered his rhetorical question. Yuji looked like he deflated, as he heard the word "unfortunately" as if it were a bad thing they met at all.

But, he then instantly bounced back as he noticed her nasty scar, and worry crossed his features. "Hey, (Y/n)-" he tried to say, hand reaching out to get her attention. "Satoru isn't that the new student? Wait, is she harassing a person?" (Y/n) asked as she pointed at the very obvious school uniform. The three males looked to where she pointed, causing Megumi to deadpan at the chaotic female.